Revell 1/32 P-38J Lightning - PTO

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Stitch

Airman
May 15, 2009
Okay, this is the FIRST GB I've participated in, so go easy on me!

I will be competing in Category 2, since I'm not a beginner anymore (haven't been for about 30 years now!), and I know I don't have the skills (or the tools) to compete with you Category 1 advanced modellers (les? Wayne? Airframes?). I haven't had a chance to upload my "before" photos to Photobucket (I'll upload them this weekend sometime), but considering the source (Revell), it's actually a pretty decent kit. The only other P-38 I've ever built was the vintage 1/48th Revell kit back in the '70's, and this one looks about the same, just scaled up to 1/32nd. There is some moderate flash, which is to be expected, but other than that, it's pretty crisp clean. In any case, like I said, I'll upload those photos and get the pics posted as soon as I can this weekend.

Great stuff Stitch. I seem to remember it's not a bad kit overall, and can turn out really nice. Give me a shout if you need any cockpit pics, plan drawings or whatever - looking forward to seeing this one, just waiting to do a base for my 1/48th Academy P38, which is big enough, I remember the Revell 1/32nd looks huge!
I'm sure one of the 'mods' will stocky this into the PTO section for you.
Terry.

OK, Stitch.... where are the pic's ? If you're gonna do a group build you gotta have pic's !

Looking forward to seeing this build come to life...

Charles

'kay, first pics . . . here's what I have to work with. I know I'm a week late with them, but uploading the pics at work is a lot faster since we have T1. Anyway, without further ado:

P5290046.jpg

P5290048.jpg

P5290049.jpg

P5290050.jpg

As you can see, there is a little bit of flash, but not as much as you would normally expect from a Revell kit; I have already started on painting the cockpit, but the pictures will have to wait until next week when I have a little more time (hopefully). I'll keep y'all posted . . . .

Alright Stich, way to jump on the wagon man.... Good to see u involved....

As far as the catagories go, theres no way I am a Cat 1 Builder, thats reserved for guys who've built more than 4 models like myself... I appreciate the compliment tho, sincerely.....

And if ur not aware, Im now a Judge, so no worries about tryin to one-up me.... U gotta worry about Javlin and Ozhawk and Muller and just about everyone else....

I had her when I was very young, Big Bird. I can't wait to see this baby, All the best to you Stitch.:D this was the one fron years ago.

Attachments

• acktrf.jpg
    acktrf.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back