Revell 1/32nd Scale Hawker Hunter F6 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
As an excuse to experiment with my new camera, I thought I'd give you a quick look at the spread of parts of this wonderful kit. Some of the shots aren't up to my usual standard, but I'm still learning where all the 'bells and whistles' are on the little digital thingy, so I hope you'll understand.
Bearing in mind the relatively low price of this kit, £24.99 normally, but obtained for the ridiculously low sum of £9.99 via Model Zone, there is a heck of a lot of plastic, and decals, for the money.
Surface detail is restrained and beautifully done, in keeping with the smooth appearance of the real thing, whilst the detail parts, such as the cockpit components, flaps and undercarriage, are truly excellent, and no doubt Lucky will notice that the tyres have 'flats' on them!
Every magazine build/review I have ever seen over recent years has praised this kit, and I can see why. I think the only (small) negative ever to be mentioned was the pale appearance of the blue in the R.A.F. roundel decals, but this seems to have been rectified on my example.
As I mentioned in the 'Recent Purchases' thread, there are even two styles of ejection seat, to match the 'home' and 'export' versions that can be modelled, and these, although a little basic in one part only, will definitely form the basis for models in their own right. The comprehensive decal sheet provides markings for five aircraft; two R.A.F., two Royal Netherlands Air Force, and one Belgian Air Force, and includes every single stencil likely to be seen on a Hunter airframe! Optional parts include different wing tanks, SNEB rocket pods, and early-type 'Sidewinder' missiles, as well as the cannon muzzle gas suppressors, designed to reduce the risk of the muzzle gases being ingested into the engine, leading to possible flame-out. The canopy and windscreen (which I forgot to photograph!!) are beautifully clear and thin, and fit perfectly, giving a true scale appearance.
I'm looking forward to starting on this large kit, which has a span of 40.4cm and a length of 60.1cm (16.25 x 24 ins), and I'll ensure that I start a build thread when I do so.

Attachments

• Buys 013.jpg
    Buys 013.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Buys 017.jpg
    Buys 017.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Buys 019.jpg
    Buys 019.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Buys 020.jpg
    Buys 020.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Buys 023.jpg
    Buys 023.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Buys 022.jpg
    Buys 022.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 159
  • Buys 025.jpg
    Buys 025.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Buys 039.jpg
    Buys 039.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Buys 035.jpg
    Buys 035.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Buys 037.jpg
    Buys 037.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Buys 026.jpg
    Buys 026.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 149
Looks great i had the FGA9 it was a superb kit and it went together well sold it to a shop keeper who used to work on the gun packs .BB

Glad you like the look of it, and yes, it is a bit on the big side, even the box is b****y huge! It certainly will keep me busy Wayne, so I'm trying not to start on it until I can dedicate time especially for it.
Daniel, yes, Model Zone still have them, and they accept on-line orders, and do ship worldwide. I'm considering getting a couple more to 'lay down', you never know when they might come in useful.....

Certainly Tempted Terry ,Hunters are easily one of my favourite jets

Worldwide shipping ae? size of the box do you think it' just be cheaper to pick up a local one? I've been wanting one for a while

Depends how much they are in NZ Daniel. I'm only guessing, but I would think with shipping it would work out about £18 to £20. The packing it came in is about 20x14 inches, but it's only light. Shipping in the UK is a flat rate of £4.50, no matter what's sent, but orders over £50 are sent free.
Check their web-site for shipping costs, it might be worth it.

I'm tempted as well I must admit. I've made a few carts on various sites its just the postage that worries me so I abort :lol:

Don't forget outside UK orders pay no VAT (15%)

Forgot about tha VAT Alex! So, at that price, it could be worth it, even if the saving is only the equivalent of £5 or so. I'd be quick though, before the likes of us cotton on!!!

Daniel and Alex, forget it! I checked the Model Zone site, and they're asking £20 for shipping! That's what, about $37 NZ?
If either of you really want one, I could find out how much it would be for me to post it; I'm willing to take mine, in it's packing, to the Post Office and ask. Might be a bit cheaper, but probably easier to buy one locally?

No probs guys. If there's ever anything that might be cheaper for me to send, that you can't get, just let me know and I'll help if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back