Revell 1/48 Ah-64 Apache

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
this is my first helicopter! ^^
ec1176a1.png

detail shot! I'm very proud of the instrument panel! but not so much on the armored glass tho....I need to cover these things better! >_<
97b0a90e.png

Yep, Robert, very neat job! The overall model looks very good indeed, and painting transparent parts is always a pain, as often the paint doesn't seem to want to 'stick'. Well done mate!

thanks, guys!

I WAS thinking of doing some camo on this sucker, but I couldn't find a single pic of an Apache with camo. I know you guys will. XD

I do not remember seeing anything but forest green. Even after the local Tx NG returned from Iraq, they were forest green.

DBII

thanks, guys!

I WAS thinking of doing some camo on this sucker, but I couldn't find a single pic of an Apache with camo. I know you guys will. XD

You will not find any with camo.

All Apaches are OD Green or Grey. In Iraq some of our replacement unit's Apaches were painted Grey with Shark mouths (just like Marine Cobras).

We wanted to paint out Blackhawks Grey, but were never able to get permission to do it.

US Army helicopters are not painted Forest Green either. They are a very Dark OD Green. I actually have several cans that I brought home from the hanger. I have been using them on a Blackhawk that I have been working on for over a year (never get around to finishing it :lol:)

Here are a few pics that I took of the Grey Apaches that I took in Iraq. I really wish they would have painted my Blackhawk grey as well.

Attachments

• grey1.jpg
    grey1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 241
  • grey2.jpg
    grey2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 257
  • grey3.jpg
    grey3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 248
Agree, very nice pics Adler. Yes, even the British AAC Apaches are dark OG, unless they've changed recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back