revell 1/48 heinkel h111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Although bombers haven't been my favourite I found an old article on it in Minireplika magazine 6 (1)/1999.According to the author the model is of very good quality.No wonder, the one was made by MONOGRAM.Dimensions of the model are correct.The cockpit and main landing gear bays are good too.The radioman's and gunner's cockpits seem to be not finished.There is a lack of radio-set panels and mounts of cartriges for instance.There is also lack of a flool and some additional parts in the area (these have to be scratch-built).

Unfortunately putty has to be used in some areas of the model,
1. lower part of fuselage,especially areas where bomb bays are.
2.transition wing-fuselage and vertical stabilizers as well.

The problem with fixing of wings is caused by too high iron.
Some corrections need:
a) outer sides of glicol coolers.These should be much more round and curved in shape.
b) cockpit glass.The part is a bit high in diameter (0.5mm) comparing tp the fuselage one. (files and sandpaper needed,then polishing).

Additional parts that can be used for the model:
photo etched ones - Eduard no.48138 pilot and radioman's cockpit interior
48139 outer details, 48140 bomb bays
resin set - Aires no.4027 cockpit set (excellent quality)
decals some different AeroMasterDecals no.48143 for instance.

I hope I've helped a bit.

Its been a few years since I built mine (I posted pics on a thread) but if I remember I had problems with the angle of the tail and wings. Had to work it to get the correct dyhedral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back