Revell 1:48 P-40B Tomahawk USAAC

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
this one was fun. I had a bit of a warbird kick when I got this and got back into the kick when I started on it. I did another one previously as you may have seen which was VERY sloppy. as I look at this P-40, I can see a MAJOR improvement in my skills. The P-40B is actually the very first model I did after I moved to Centralia second would be the Revell Spitfire.

I did a few things different here. for one, I set the dihedral just right, I applied putty to the spinner which worked out quite well for me. and this is the first model I've done using my brand spankin new airbrush, and I must say it has worked out very well for me. I have also used twine from an older kit to use for a bit of rigging.

HPIM1844.jpg

HPIM1845.jpg

HPIM1846.jpg

HPIM1847.jpg

Good job. Looks great. Next time pull the twine through some beeswax and the fuzz will go away.(an old ship builder's trick)
Ed

Last edited:
Good job. Looks great. Next time pull the twine through some beeswax and the fuzz will go away.(an old ship builder's trick)
Ed

oh wow! where can I find that?

and thanks a bunch, you guys! :D

Last edited:
Nice work Rob, it looks the biz ! Instead of having to wax the thread, use 'invisible' mending thread - it's a fine, nylon thread,a bit like fine fishing line, which can be painted if required, and is great for the aerial wires, or for rigging bi-planes.

yea, I used stretched sprue for a while. i guess i had to experiment with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back