Revell Constellation redux

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
hey, y'all

this is a redux of my existing Revell 1/144 Super Constellation in TWA colors. since I got a new super constellation model, I decided to re-do this one in Lufthansa colors, and do the new one in TWA colors. I opted to not show pics prior to primer

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    657.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 141
hehe, that they do, Terry! though the Constellation is the sexiest propliner ever made. hehe

updated pics! I've applied putty around the nose and smoothed it out, then applied another coat of primer. the next thing is a flat white then a gloss white

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    555.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    464.8 KB · Views: 130
Well... it's a very thick lacquer that is "milky" initially and clear when hardened.

I'm reading up on it right now. I wouldn't even know how to use it so I'd have to say no. lol

It is quite easy to use it. You have to pick up some of the Micro KK or the Clearfix with a toothpick and put it into a hole of the window. The next step is to fill the entire hole with a thin layer of the dope sticking the varnish to window edges and putting the toothpick out. Here are shots form ..... 1/144 Airfix / Welsh Vickers Vanguard by Alex Bigey

09.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited:
No Rob, it is really easy to do. Just apply the Micro KK around the edges of the window opening, drawing the material across to form a film across the entire opening. It's something like blowing soap bubbles.

Last edited:
I'd have to like see a step by step pictorial or a video tutorial or something.

Oh boy... just dip a toothpick into the stuff and then apply it inside the "window" (hole). Touch it to all four sides while swirling it around and pull out the toothpick.

oh wow, that does sound easy. I'll consider it. thanks, Wojtek! :Dmay not be able to get that for a while, though. should I apply it after I do the Future gloss finish?

Yes, making these window glasses with both the Micro Kristal Klear and Clearfix should be done at the end.

hehe yep! gosh, i've got so much on my workbench right now. I've got 2 1:48 spitfires, the constellation, and an AA DC-4 that's MORE than ready for her first coat of silver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back