Revell/Special Hobby Hawker Tempest 1/32- Finished (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

We all have these little "Oh sh*t, that should have" moments.
Thanks Geo, Vic and Andy as to the seat being off I saw the culprit most likely SH had you install the window crank at the back and it's pushing the seat some so tomorrow pull the tub and remove the crank to it's correct position.I have the Eduard kit and looked there already realizing the what the answer would be just for confirmation it goes all the way to the front of the rail. ;)

The primer has been applied was very little filler was needed the biggest area was were the lower wing met the fuse underneath a piece of .020" card stock was inserted and sanded.I had a little step between at the wing root R/side figured do more than good going after it.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• Tempest 001.JPG
    Tempest 001.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Tempest 002.JPG
    Tempest 002.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 11
The stripes have been laid it seems I am progressing more and more to a splotchy pattern with my paint.The white was laid down uneven 2.8" using 18" stripes which was roughly 9/16" in width the last white stripe in the middle had to eyeballed to be even usually 1/32" was missing.I painted the black first with falt black splotchy again and then came back with a Nato black to fill in here and there but never completely.I had the minimum of clean-up in the end.
;)

Attachments

• Tempest 001.JPG
    Tempest 001.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Tempest 002.JPG
    Tempest 002.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Tempest 003.JPG
    Tempest 003.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Tempest 004.JPG
    Tempest 004.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 7
The main decals have been applied stencils remain for another day.I also painted the prop just need to finish the blades.It's been a good productive day.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• Tempest 005.JPG
    Tempest 005.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Tempest 006.JPG
    Tempest 006.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Tempest 007.JPG
    Tempest 007.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 11
This is going slower than expected but I bit the bullet and did a weathering just sloshed the Tamy Brown and let it sit overnight.I think it will pass some areas on the side of the fuse R/side the future was thin and ate through in the sense the more I wiped the stickier it got and went "gotta fix that".I used a sponge and tweezers litely dipped in the respective color and all worked out just did not want brush marks.I usually go semi-gloss but seeing she's been a workhorse since D-day went dead flat.I am about to gloss black the LG and do the silver.I still at best guess another week of work on this one little stuff bombs and canopy and weathering the WW always more.She's not the best as far as weathering but I seldom attempt this part out of fear I dove.
default_hsmack.gif

Attachments

• Tempest 001.JPG
    Tempest 001.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Tempest 002.JPG
    Tempest 002.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Tempest 003.JPG
    Tempest 003.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Tempest 004.JPG