Revell's 1/48 B-26 Marauder

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Ok the Ju-52 is being put on hold for windows that need future, drying glue, and what have you so I decided to stay occupied because if I leave it for the 2 or 3 days I will loose interest,

The next thing is yet another large 1/48 scale plane. The markings for this plane are not yet decided but from what I have read there were fitting problems with the Monogram kit but I know Terry built this one so I 'm sure he could tell me what the issues are.

Probably will begin work later today or tomorrow.

Here:

Monogram 1/48 B-26 Marauder

Harrison I did one of these up years ago and made the engines operational and put a red light in the pit(ddi not shine alot) but my son ended up with it as a tike.Builds up nice and you will see the room in the nacelles I am talking about.Cheers

Since I have few references of cockpit I just drew one from a internet pic..

Attachments

• 102_6498.JPG
    102_6498.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 290
Nice one H.Dwight beat me to it with the cockpit shots!The different shaped control yoke was so that the Bombardier could gain easier access to the nose, under the co-pilot's yoke. BTW, the seats were not silver, the entire seat was Interior Green, sometimes Bronze Green, with yellow or tan cushions.
The only real mini-problems with this kit ate supposed to be the gaps around the engine nacelles, and the cowlings, due to age of the moulds. On my example, these were not noticeable at the rear of the nacelles, and minimal around the cowlings, needing very little filler. NOTE: you will need a LOT of weight to keep the nose on the deck. Put this in the radio room, as far forward as possibel, and the engine cowlings, behind the engines!!

Thanks a lot Terry! In this guide they have interior green listed as Patina Green :confused: :rolleyes:

Jan how did I know you would have had one?? :lol:

I'm going out of state for the weekend so will probably read my Squadron Signal B-26 in action book....

The only real mini-problems with this kit ate supposed to be the gaps around the engine nacelles, and the cowlings, due to age of the moulds.

Lone Star Models makes replacement engine cowlings for the Revellogram kit in 1:48 scale.

Lone Star Models

LSM 0335 B-26 Replacement Cowlings $18.00

You have to scroll down the page to find them - they are listed below the pictured items.

Yep, I'd considered those when building mine, but just corrected/improved the kit parts slightly.

For this one I need Decals since the ones in the kit are sh*t.... not Revells fault, rather the guy on ebay I got it from... there are dark brown/black spots all over....

ZOTZ has a set of decals which will run me 17 dollars but I need them...

Sprue Brother has a color PE set for 7.50.... which looks very welcoming although I've never used it before.... the kit decals for the instrument panel are in terrible shape...... oohhh the choices...

PLUS the replacement cowlings but, I think if I have the patience can manage the fix on my own.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back