RFM 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.G-Finished

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
Already started and have to say nice fit thus far but just the beginning.I have another RFM with the complete interior I believe a Tiger I that has way more pieces than this kit and the box is 2/3" deeper/taller however you wish to look at it.The idea is to cut my teeth with the easier of the two kits and see how RFM like to assemble their stuff together.I have not decided on a paint scheme yet but I will have to look around here at the other builds that are happening and the net to figure the weathering aspect of the build.This may take a while.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• Panzer 001.JPG
    Panzer 001.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Panzer 002.JPG
    Panzer 002.JPG
    450.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Panzer 003.JPG
    Panzer 003.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Panzer 004.JPG
    Panzer 004.JPG
    463.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Panzer 005.JPG
    Panzer 005.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Panzer 006.JPG
    Panzer 006.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 47
Made it through step 2 Wojtek will post some pics Sunday work today was a beotch and about to sit down with some Glenlivet Reserve. :headbang:

After step #5 complete.The tracks had a small learning curve for someone who has never played with individual links less glue is better CA not so great.I liked the idea of the working suspension esp. if someone was doing a diorama.Phil the kit does fit like a dream kinda like the Tamy of tanks without the cost so much.That's it for now assembling tracks a little at a time so when the time comes I am ready.Thks for the likes and interest. ;)

Attachments

• Panzer 001.JPG
    Panzer 001.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Panzer 002.JPG
    Panzer 002.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Panzer 003.JPG
    Panzer 003.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 45
It was a slow process getting through those individual tracks 98 on each side.They are not perfect but one side is a little tighter and I used Mr.Hobby glue a little thicker than Tamy glue so the track was more flexible.The wheels were hand painted did a little to far in on the rubber color to thick will know better for the Tiger when I get to that one. ;)

Attachments

• Panzer 001.JPG
    Panzer 001.JPG
    251.5 KB · Views: 42
Looking good. :thumbright:
Thanks Wojtek you have any ideas about the color of the tools? The instructions has me installing them on the decks ATTM but I'm getting different responses that they would of been removed for the camo then put back in place and the opposite base color then reattached.I might need to go visit some tank forums? ;)

Thanks Wojtek you have any ideas about the color of the tools? The instructions has me installing them on the decks ATTM but I'm getting different responses that they would of been removed for the camo then put back in place and the opposite base color then reattached.I might need to go visit some tank forums? ;)

What tools do you mean? If the saws, showels, towing lines etc ... these were painted as these were made mostly . So we may say these were painted separate and had slightly different coulurs from the camo ones. However it could have happen that these were coated with the same paints at the field workshops or just by the crews in order to reduce the difference in their appearance while attached to the camouflaged decks.

What tools do you mean?
The hand tools I went to BritModeler and got my answer looking at other builds like many said they probably stripped most of it off to do the camo.Snautzer 01 looked through some of those pics and it helped what I hope for the tracks :headbang:

OK pics figured it was time just a couple though.I built the little handles that go under the windows of turret opening these allow the commander to look through armor plate glass.The handles comprised of PE and the standard part supplied by the kit.The inside of the turret opening is about to get another coat of white and then goes in the armor plate from the top now it appears to me leather pads exist between each piece of glass,I picture the commander hands up top of the pad with forearm on the pad looking out.The inside of the turret is my idea for this build the King Tiger with full interior will get more research sites already bookmarked.The main body still has more pieces to apply as well as the main turret it self.The KT kit tracks look beefier on the pins for the tracks as opposed to this kit cannot tell you how many I had to make!!!!

Attachments

• Panzer 003.JPG
    Panzer 003.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Panzer 004.JPG
    Panzer 004.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 34
Things are moving slow just about ready to paint the tracks and add the skirts.I had a Sis come in town two weeks ago loves to go to antique shops I found four spindles(oak) 36" instantly a project hit me so I have been in the other side of the shop.The hatch on the r/side will be open see the crack on closing. ;)

Attachments

• Panzer 002.JPG
    Panzer 002.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Panzer 003.JPG
    Panzer 003.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Panzer 004.JPG
    Panzer 004.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Back