RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Admiral Beez

Captain
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada

HM shown below visiting HMS Queen Elizabeth.

main-qimg-dd0afa8c830a2216ef4ea745ef13f011-lq.jpg

From an aviation POV, just think of what she saw; from biplanes to the beginnings of Mars missions.

Last edited:

lead%20image%20-%20KB%20M-4.jpg

Image%201%20-%20KB%20M.jpg

Even hardened republicans such as myself can acknowledge her service over the decades as a source of inspiration.

I'm no fan of royalty, but I do respect her devotion to duty. My sympathies to the Britons and Commonwealthers here.
I expect Australia, NZ and much of the Caribbean will vote to become Republics before the end of 2023. Not out of disrespect to their historical ties to Britain, but just part of maturing as nations. Though ending HMAS, RAAF and such prefixes would be strange to my eye. Here in Canada, with linguistic and regional divides, we could never decide on a President, so His Majesty will rule over Canada for at least my lifetime.

I expect Australia, NZ and much of the Caribbean will vote to become Republics before the end of 2023. Not out of disrespect to their historical ties to Britain, but just part of maturing as nations. Though ending HMAS, RAAF and such titles would be strange to my eye. Here in Canada, with linguistic and regional divides, we could never decide on a President, so His Majesty will rule over Canada for at least my lifetime.

I know there's been a push in Australia to this end for the last few years.

Gees I hate this. She's was the last of the WW2 leaders. and I had so much respect for her.

RIP
It was actually her mother who was Queen Elizabeth during WW2, however Her daughter as a princess used her considerable girlish charm to lighten the mood in those dark days for her parents and visitors, like Ike and Churchill who she had a game of football with. Few people have met the many leaders she met and very easy to forget how "A list" she and her husband were before she was queen.
1662664342147.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back