Ripcord TV Show (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I do remember this show but maybe it was shown later in the UK. Probably before '66 as family decamped to Africa then,no TV.
Did you see the size of those parachute packs?
Steve

Just spotted thios thread!
Boy, do I remember that show! It's got a lot to answer for....pushed me even more into wanting to jump!
Those old B4 packs were rather large and heavy. Ex- military rigs, originally with a modified 'T-L' semi steerable canopy, then later using the forerunner of the PC (ParaCommander) canopy. It took quite a bit of effort o actually pull the 'cord', as it had four pins, slotted into four metal 'cones'. If one pin bent, you would end up making a depression in the ground - after bouncing! Thankfully, that system was eventually replaced by a single pin through a nylon loop.

Syscom, yes I did 502 times. The first jumps were under the T10 (the opened panels gave it the name TL or TU), static line and free fall. Then it was military jumping, then back to civilian stuuff. I managed a free fall display team up until the mid '90's, when this stupid disease stopped all physical activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back