Roman Polanski. Is justice finally served?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont give a sh!t what he's contributed to the world of film in the past, the guy fled the country rather than face his problems in court...

Its about the same as breaking out of jail.... He's a wanted criminal who had sexual relations with a 14 year old, the twisted fu*k that he is...

Extradite him and throw his ass back in jail...

I really enjoyed some of his films and I absolutely loved his musical Dance of the Vampires, but he is a criminal and a fugitive. He pleaded guilty that makes him guilty. He deserves to serve his time.

California is bankrupt and we will soon be releasing 15,000 or so criminals from jail (under court order).

There is no room for him, and its more important that violent street criminals get locked up and take scarce jail space, and not some 77 year old pervert who committed a crime 32 years ago.

California is bankrupt and we will soon be releasing 15,000 or so criminals from jail (under court order).

There is no room for him, and its more important that violent street criminals get locked up and take scarce jail space, and not some 77 year old pervert who committed a crime 32 years ago.

I would really like to agree with you, but because he ran away from justice 3 decades ago I think it needs to catch up with him.

I would really like to agree with you, but because he ran away from justice 3 decades ago I think it needs to catch up with him.

Unfortunatly, because of ecomomic realities, many deserving criminals wont ever be serving their sentences. We have to prioritze who is the biggest threat to society at the moment, and Polanski isnt.

Except for murder, there is a time limit for when people can be incarcerated for crimes commited decades ago. In this case, he did get lucky and get the proverbial "get out of jail free". Sad, but thats just how things work.

Last edited:
Well, syscom, I agree with you that Polanski is not the biggest threat to be put in jail. That fact is though, that he ran away to Europe to avoid punishment. I like some of his movies, especially the Pianist, but he still has to face his punishment like a man. Even though it was over thirty years ago, he still has to atone for what he did. I mean, if I ever did something this disgusting and immoral (as which case my mom will probably get to me before the cops, and hide my body in the woods), I would want to face my punishment, instead of running away from it. At least it would prove that I knew what I did was wrong, and deserve the just punishment.

We have to prioritze who is the biggest threat to society at the moment, and Polanski isnt.

Except for murder, there is a time limit for when people can be incarcerated for crimes commited decades ago. In this case, he did get lucky and get the proverbial "get out of jail free". Sad, but thats just how things work
Biggest direct threat or biggest indirect threat?
Stay on the run long enough and we'll stop chasing you? What kind of signal does that send to paedophiles? Murder hits a society head-on, paedophilia is much more insidious, it undermines people at an age where they're impressionable; before you know it you've got child victims who grow up thinking paedophilia happened to them, why can't it happen to others? How long before it spreads to encompass a generation? You see one of the avenues where murderers can come from now? Society's problems aren't isolated, stand-alone issues, they're subtly interconnected, what goes around comes around.

Criminal Law has and needs well defined boundaries, if we stop chasing the Polanskis of this world, who else gets off the hook at a prescribed time, and why shouldn't they?

His punishment was 48 days in jail! Come on people! It is redicilous! And more: the girl has forgive him completyly.

That does not change the fact that he is still a child sex offender. How would you feel if it had been your daughter?

If we had unlimited resources, and unlimited jail space, then we could imprison him.

But we don't have that, so prioritizations are in order.

Its more important right now to keep violent street criminals in prison taking up scarce space, than someone who committed a crime 32 years ago and is now 77 years old.

Thats just the current economic realities we live in right now.

His punishment was 48 days in jail! Come on people! It is ridiculous! And more: the girl has forgiven him completely
This isn't a Polish thing, is it?
I don't know the circumstances surrounding Polanski and this girl but the law wasn't designed to be adjusted on the basis that the victim MIGHT forgive the offender, what if (in all likelihood) the victim doesn't want to forgive her assailant? It was designed to prevent the situation in the first place.

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what you don't understand here, Marek

Colin1! It isn´t personal polish! Don´t get me wrong. The low is the low. But we are people an we can and should forgive sometimes if person did not comit a big crime. To me it was not a big crime!!!! It is my personal opinion as a humanbeing.

You don´t Know the holl cerkomstensis Chap. That ´s it my frend DerAdler... He did not force her!!!!

I don't give a damn what the circumstances were! It is still SICK and WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in your book it is okay for grown men to take advantage of young girls, but not in mine! Maybe you would not care if your 13 year old daughter was having sex with a grown man, but that does not change the fact that is wrong!

Oh and Syscom, I completely understand where you are coming from, and in the end you are 100% correct. That however does not mean I have to like it...

Colin1! It isn´t personal polish! Don´t get me wrong. The low is the low. But we are people an we can and should forgive sometimes if person did not comit a big crime. To me it was not a big crime!!!! It is my personal opinion as a humanbeing.

That is fine, and in my opinion it is big crime as a human being. Grown men were not meant to have sex with children! You have your opinion, I have mine. You can not change mine.

Last edited:
O.K DerAdler if you cant forgive than let´s kill the bastard wat ever the cercomstences are. But the fact is also that the 13 yers old did go to his bed free wilingly. Then when she did not licke it so much she sued hin in courd! It was a justis!?

+

O.K DerAdler if you cant forgive than let´s kill the bastard wat ever the cercomstences are.

Where did I say he should be killed? Don't put words in my mouth.

marek said:
But the fact is also that the 13 yers old did go to his bed free wilingly. Then when she did not licke it so much she sued hin in courd! It was a justis!?

A 13 year old girl is mature enough to know what she was doing or to make mature decisions about her body or what she is doing in the regards of sex. A 13 year old girl is not fully developed mentally or physically. Polanski new this very well. Any man that will take advantage of a young girl like that is sick in the head and wrong!

Again I ask you, how would your feelings be on this if it was your daughter?

It was figure of speaking, a metafor. Sorry if you understud it wrong. My doter would not licke to get fames by going to bed wit Polanski. I thout her well enought to not do that sort of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back