RRPG dig - RAF airbase dump

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Steve T

Airman
Dec 17, 2010
Hi all

Members of my group, (WW2 Relic Retrieval Preservation Group (RRPG)), have recently been digging an old RAF airbase dump, the same site we visited back in March. We made some more amazing discoveries, most of which can be seen in the below video.

Relics recovered of note......

Mosquito tail navigation light
Lancaster Merlin engine exhaust stub
Scores of bomb fuzes (not live obviously)
Bomb rack mounting plates

....and much more !

Hope you enjoy the video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSuMIv0LZM

Cheers

Steve T

Last edited:
All relics are cleaned, preserved and then displayed in our own personal collections. We exhibit our collections at military shows up and down the country, most notably War Peace and The Victory Show.

wish the video was longer and showed the relics up close....if you are interested in doing a us fighter base i may be able to get you in touch with the right people...

That would be very nice of you bobbysocks. It wouldn't happen to be Steeple Morden would it? I did locate one of the dumps for that base a few months back but it is in the middle of a nature reserve :( :( Always wanted to search the main base there..... :)

nope, Leiston. i they have a small museum there and the curator is close to the land owner(s). i am sure he would do what he could for you if you would either share some of your spoils with the museum or agree to display them there.

1989. Anniston, Alabama.
I attended BNCOC at Fort McClellan. Land navigation course was at an abandoned airfield.

There were some cannibalized aircraft on site with bushes and small trees growing up around them. I wouldn't be surprised if some are still there.

Thanks for that Bobbysocks. It is a long way from where I live in England so I don't think it is feasible for me to get there, but I do have a group member that lives not 20 miles from the site. Perhaps you could PM me so we can chat further ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back