Russian armed box on ski's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Haztoys

Senior Airman
Dec 1, 2005
Prescott Arizona USA
OK ...I was watching an old "Victory at Sea" ...And it showed a Russian vehicle that was a box on ski's with a "round" five cylinder aircraft engine with a prop hanging off the back to push it ...And a gunner sitting on top...

Any info ...???

From what you are describing it sounds like a Aerosan NKL-26 soviet snowmobile. A quick look and I found this picture. Im guessing this is what you saw.

Enjoy

Attachments

• PICT0493.jpg
    PICT0493.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 191
Ahhh - these things! Mad aren't they? I've seen some great archive footage of them being used with infantry clinging on to the side as they did with tanks.

I'd be very interested to know if any were used during the Leningrad Blockade, either on Lake Ladoga or on the Nyeva Bridgeheads.

How do you steer it? Is there some kind of anchor you throw out if you are heading for a cliff or off the edge of the ice into the water.

Personally, I'd rather go to sea in a submarine than wander around a battlefield in that "target".

I got to agree it would not be my primary weapon of choice but it is different. I thought I read some where that the Russian's also used agriculture chassis for field artillery movers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back