Russian Pe-2 Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
A manual with lots of pictures of the Pe-2. Manual is written in Russian and a DjVu view needed to look at the file.

Attachments

• Russian Pe-2.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 1,302
  • Pe-2.jpg
    Pe-2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 790
Hi Micdrow,

>A manual with lots of pictures of the Pe-2. Manual is written in Russian and a DjVu view needed to look at the file.

Thanks! :)

I never heard of Djvu before, but found it here:

http://windjview.sourceforge.net/

Seems to offer good quality and compression at the same time ... I'm not an expert but I'm impressed :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

hi all,

nice post, just one problem, i hate djvu, i have not found a way to convert them into jpg

I got to agree with you on that, I dont care for it either. I never created this manual. I forget who it was, but one of our members has converted these to pdf files in the past.

Hi Sagindragin,

>nice post, just one problem, i hate djvu, i have not found a way to convert them into jpg

Hm, is there a good way to convert PDF to JPG then? In the past, I've relied on screen shots, which is obviously a clumsy way to do it ...

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

You can frame the portion of a pdf page that you wish to keep. Enlarge it to the size you want, right click, copy and paste into a photo program and save as whatever you want, or what the program will allow.

AERA DR_Research MAW

i have got all the software to do it (Joys of being in the printing industry). Bear in mind that the file size will be huge. I tried the first 16 pages and at 300dpi the file size is 4.6Meg. If people want it, let me know and i'll do it. It will take a couple of days though as my upload speed at the moment is rediculously slow!

I have tried to extract the images from a couple manuals I found recently.
IrfanView is free and seems to do a pretty good job extracting images.
I just updated to version 4.50.
You will also need to add some of the Plugins that are also available on the IrfanView Homepage.
Just make sure you download either 32-bit or 64-bit to match your version of IrfanView.

In theory it can also create a PDF from the extracted images but I have had no success with that.
It SEEMS to work but with error messages and the resulting PDF seems to be missing a few pages.

To extract images:
Options Menu
Multipage Images
Extract All Images

Hope this helps and hope no one minds reviving a very old thread.

- Ivan.

I have tried to extract the images from a couple manuals I found recently.
IrfanView is free and seems to do a pretty good job extracting images.
- Ivan.

Yes!!

Irfanview is an often under rated program and badly needs a new manual - the one I have is from version 2.24.

You can save any PDF to any of the below formats using Irfanview. I prefer to use Acrobat pro to covert PDF to any graphic format but the I view conversion is quick and clean.
Clipboard01.jpg

Hello MiTasol,
Obviously you already knew about IrfanView.
I had also downloaded and installed it a couple years back but never found any great use for it until now.

The thing I cannot seem to make it do correctly is to combine images into a single PDF.
Even when everything seems to work, the resulting page count is usually short by one or two and when there are a couple hundred images, it is hard to go through to see what was lost. When I use Adobe Acrobat on my Wife's computer, things work as expected.
Do you know how to do this properly with IrfanView?
Perhaps plugins are installed incorrectly?

-Ivan.

• "Pe-2 aircraft - Instruction for aviation mechanics", 1943
  • "Pe-2 Maintenance Instruction", 1943
  • "Instructions for technical operation of Pe-2 aircraft", 1941
  • "Pe-2 Tactical Flight Information", 1944
  • "Pe-2 aircraft - Construction Manual", 1945
  • "Technical Manual of Pe-2 aircraft - Chapter II",1941
Mostly found at aviarestorer.ru

Attachments

• Пе-2 Инструкция авиамеханику 1943.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 334
  • Пе-2 Инструкция по техническому обслуживанию 1943.pdf