S.American Saber Rattling

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Amsel

Tech Sergeant
Jul 15, 2008
Texas
Hugo Chávez tells Venezuela troops to 'prepare for war' with Colombia - Times Online
President Chávez of Venezuela told his country yesterday to prepare for war with Colombia, which he accused of being in league with the United States.

Only days after sending 15,000 troops to the volatile border, Mr Chávez, Washington's main enemy in the region, ordered the Venezuelan military and people to prepare to "defend the homeland", claiming that the US planned to use Colombian bases to mount an invasion of his oil-rich nation.....

Colombia

Army 226,352

Navy 30,729

Air 10,150

Reserve Army 54,700

Navy 4,800

Air 1,200

Combat aircraft 117

Submarines 4

Helicopters army 119, air force 114

Source: IISS The Military Balance 2009

Venezuela

Army 63,000 men

Navy 17,500

Air 11,500

National Guard 23,000

Reserve Army 8,000

Combat aircraft 94

Submarines 2

Helicopters army 62, air force 34

Something tells me that the Colombians are battle hardened from years of war and the outcome may not be as favorable to Venezuala as Chavez hopes. Though he may be just toeing the line.

I think he is just trying to see what he can get away with. I'm still trying to decide if he's dangerous or just outrageous.

From looking at the statistics, if he does, he is going to have a bloodbath. I do not know the effectiveness of the Colombian army, but they have the numbers. Chavez is an idiot.

Chavez is feeling brave. After all, he's got Sean Penn, Danny Glover, Kevin Spacey and the great former American president Jimmy Carter to back him up. :rolleyes:

TO

I wish the Columbians would go stomp Venezuela into the ground while the UN issued "sanctions".

Chavez is his own cheerleader 24/7 over there and he controls the media. People have to live in his little world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back