Sad day for me this morn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Torch

Senior Master Sergeant
Feb 9, 2006
Florida
Had to put my GSD down,sucks feeling them go in your hands..
jj005.jpg
Picture%2000411.jpg

I'm with all the earlier posters - so sorry for your loss! Pets sometimes drive us crazy eating, chasing, destroying stuff...but losing them is just like losing a family member.

Dogs are fantastic animals and you had a great looking Shepard

I'm really sorry for your loss as dogs are animals I could not possibly live without

PS: If you are all wondering why she had goggles on i was about to take her to the airport so she could solo a P-51...all jest aside GSDs have a tendency when they live at altitude to develop Panis,basically a sheath starts growing over their eyes and eventually they go blind. It's treated with heavy doses of steroids,creame,drops and an occasional injection directly into the eye...We were told to put goggles on because the sun makes it worse. After her sitting there for a .5 hr and not moving we decided to take them off and do meds...

Torch, I do understand. We always had 2 - 3 German Shepards around the place while I was growing up and had one when we first had kids. They are indeed beautiful dogs except for the hair. That undercoat!!! My IW Breena is almost two now and they sometimes live only 8 years. I cannot imagne loosing her or the Dobe either for that matter. At least you were there

I have had Goldies,Lab,Mastiff and I swear to God this GSD was as sharp as a tack,you could almost have a converstion with her,I knew what her yips,yaps,barks,growls all meant. She would play catch,take a tennis bal 4 or 5 ft away from you and with her snout toss it to you,of course she loved it when i would heave the ball.She's come back and just toss the ball..

Again, I know, they are so "human" that it is hard to think of them as animals. a dear, dear friend and family member in all respects

Users who are viewing this thread

Back