RIP pbfoot

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
It is with a heavy heart that I'm letting everyone know that Pbfoot (Neil) passed away in October.

STEWART, Neil Thomas Stewart Obituary | Canadian Obituaries - Obituary listing in Canada

STEWART, Neil Thomas -

(January 4, 1953 - October 25, 2012)

At 59 years old, passed away at the Greater Niagara General Hospital from a two-year battle with cancer at 6:45 a-m, on October 25, 2012.

Neil was the son of Robert Douglas Stewart and Ann Stewart. He is survived by his father and his only sibling Brian Stewart.

He died surrounded by some of his closest friends.

Neil was one of Canada's youngest people to earn his pilot's license. He was a member of the Canadian miltary for several years and worked for Lococo's in Niagara Falls until his retirement.

A wake will be held within the month. Contact Jeff at (905) 354-6482 if you wish to attend.

Neil was a long-time member who contributed to this forum in many ways, the least of which was his love of aircraft and his volunteering to help with Russel Aviation's Spitfire and one of Hans-Joachim Marseilles' original Bf 109E in Canada. I know Neil will be greatly missed by many here.

Please do not call the number in the obit. I will be speaking with the family soon and I can let everyone know what is happening. Regrettably this happened several months ago and I don't want everyone flooding the phone line.

I will keep everyone posted.

pb001.jpg

Blue Skies and Tailwinds Neil

Gone but not forgotten.

Rest in Peace Neil, my friend! You'll be sorely missed!:( Keep the beer chilled and the women warm until I get there!

My deepest, most sincere, most heartfelt condolences goes out to the family...

He'll be up there, with those warbirds that he loved!

I never met him.
I never heard his voice.
But the internet and the Forum allowed Neil and I to be friends over the last 6 years. I was planning with him to go to Geneso very soon. He sent me personal pics he had taken of the Bf 109E. I helped him with some computer art and with collecting some pics from the 'Net. He was an all-around good guy and this forum just lost someone who I would say, was part of the fabric of this place. I counted him as a friend.

I will not lie, but I did cry some this afternoon when I found out about this. He had a brother and a father and I'm waiting on their phone calls in the next few days. I'll let everyone know what happens.

With all here. Absolutely shocked! Maybe as a tribute, since his posts will still be on the forum, we can change the words under his name to "Rest in Peace" or to "Blue Skies and Tail Winds" or something like that.

Gone too young. Farewell Neil...you made friends around the world sharing your love of aviation. May you have a gentle tailwind and 8/8 visibility for your final sortie. Keep your 6 clear and a cold one in the fridge until we all, eventually, join you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back