Salute to those Aircraft lost

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Hi guys,

Was browing through my pictures today on aircraft and started thinking about those aircraft that are not around any more due to major crashes in the last 10 years. Some may yet still be restoreable while others are lost all togeather. Please feel free to add more pictures that you know that may be lost.

Some I dont have pictures of that I know crashed.
He-111
P-51 Glamorus Glenn

:salute:

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 284
Here's the CAF's HE-111 before it crashed. It was the only airworthy HE-111
on the air show circuit.

Charles

Attachments

• He111.jpg
    He111.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 274
Hi guys,

Was browing through my pictures today on aircraft and started thinking about those aircraft that are not around any more due to major crashes in the last 10 years. Some may yet still be restoreable while others are lost all togeather. Please feel free to add more pictures that you know that may be lost.

Some I dont have pictures of that I know crashed.
He-111
P-51 Glamorus Glenn

:salute:
Unless I miss my guess, that Boeing Stratoliner(?) is currently in the Hazy Udvar at Dulles. If they are infact one and the same, and I doubt there are two flying examples in existance, then the confusion may have come about from it's crash in the water near Chicago I think.

Regards, Jim

Hi Jim,

Very true the plane did crash into the water. I dont remember where. From what I remember it ran out of fuel and crashed but instead of sinking it floated. Last I heard they did not know if it would ever fly again. It would be great if it does because I would love to see it again.

The Strat crashed into Puget Sound off Alki Beach in West Seattle. It was on a flight test out of Boeing Field Everett where it was being restored. They literally ran it out of gas and ditched it into the ocean water. No injuries. No fatalities. In fact the damn thing float on the water for quite a bit of time.

It was barged back to Boeing Field where it was restored... yet again, went of a brief touring circuit and now resides in Udvar Hazy Smithsonian Flight Museum.

In 1993 a fire destroyed the Canadian Warbird Heritage WW2 vintage hanger in Hamilton Ont , they lost their Hurricane and recently aquired Spit but managed to save the other aircraft including the Lanc

Attachments

• nx9bl-spitfire9-cwh-yhm-14jun91.jpg
    nx9bl-spitfire9-cwh-yhm-14jun91.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 1115754M.jpg
    1115754M.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 237
That's sad :(

A replica tri motor plane (forget which kind) crashed in Texas. The plane was suppose to take 14 people up in the air but the crew wanted to take a test flight. So they did and the plane crashed. Nor the Pilot or Co-Pilot was killed. The co-pilot was very badly injured and the pilot actually walked away from the crash. Had the crew not taken the test flight that could have been 16 injured people or worse....trying to find the video on youtube right now

:salute: :salute: :salute:

All such damn nice planes with such fantastic people at the controls

When I was little a remember seeing a warbird crashing on the news..
I believe it was a Fairy Firefly, does anyone have any info on that?
Fair while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back