SE5A 1/72nd by revell (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
This is something i've been playing with for a while,i recently bought a modern revell kit of a SE5A and have in my rare collection the original kit from the 60's.I thought it would be fun to build both to see the differences,i plan to build the newer kit as a RFC version and the rare 60's kit as RAF with the later Wolseley Viper engine,fingers crossed,pics to follow shortly

Sounds good Bob. I remember building the original kit, probably around 1965, as part of my WW1 collection at the time, and being impressed at how well it went together, the moulding quality, and how good it looked compared to the Airfix Camel, and 'Brisfit'. The Revell Fokker EIII and DVII were also good kits of the period. Be interesting to see how they look by today's standards.

thanks chaps i also have the original,DV11,E111 plus 99% of all the other WW1 types made in the 60's by revell put away upstairs and hope to get them built over the next few years,plus quite a few 20's and 30's prewar types [kits + vac form],these later kits i might start as a personal G.B once i've completed all my current projects,not forgetting the restores

bob5608.jpg

bob5609.jpg

bob5607.jpg

bob5613.jpg

bob5617.jpg

bob5614.jpg

bob5603.jpg

bob5604.jpg

bob5605.jpg

1st pics of this build,the 1st couple show the new and old boxes and instructions,there are very few parts to these kits and aparts from the different colour plastic,one interesting differences that there is an extra sprue with parts to build the earlier Hispano-Suiza engined aircraft with the 4 blade prop and spinner as flown by the RFC in early 1918,i plan to build the modern kit in this form .The early version of the kit as will be built as the Wolseley Viper engined RAF aircraft as used in late 1918.

the last couple of pics show the modern version of the kit going together a total of 3 parts to get to this stage,there are no more than 23 parts for the old kit and 26 parts to the new kit

thanks for looking

please excuse all the pain killers in the pics but kidney stones are a s*d

i'll try Terry,taking pics inside seem to be a problem for me, more so on small subjects as they never show the details properly ,i think i will end up getting a new camera

Looking like a good start.

Re Kidney Stones, I suffer from them and my Doc recommended drinking a small glass of Orange juice first thing in the morning. Apparently the acid in the juice helps to break up the alkaline stones. Tastes good too!

thanks for the tip, I've been told to drink 3-4 litres of water and the juice of a fresh lemon a day,but i have a rare condition that means my body produces stones all the time,its only now and then one gets stuck and boy as you know yourself does it hurt, I've had days recently when I've not known what to do with myself after taking a double dose of pain killers,i just don't want to go into hospital again

With Terry here.... Instead of a hospital you might drop by an inn. Some of beer can help as well.

He, he, he... I said "some of beer" but not a barrel. However I like your way of thinking, Bob. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back