Seafire L.IIIc, 887 NAS, HMS Indefatigable Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeah, always fill seams before you paint! Even if the seam looks filled just from the glue and having a good fit, dont trust it! I always sand those parts and test with putty, then I do a primer check.. The gap on my B17 was so harsh that after I filled it there was just a wall of putty lining the seam from the gap, some kits are just old and need love.. :D

. Here is a great link for you to follow with putty (if you use putty). Its a very easy and fast process, you'll be like wow.. that was quick and look at my filled in area!

Seam Repair

Great idea mate, thanks! Alex (Heinz) once posted a very similar technique, without the masking tape if I remember right.

You'd just have to watch how hard you press with the Q-tip (cotton tip) incase it gouges out the putty and leaves a 'ditch'.

Glad I could help more then one person with it!

Too true A4, I pressed the q-tip too hard to really thin it and you end up filling in the seam but not leveling it off with the surface since youve taken so much putty away. I only use the acetone if its a lot of putty, if not I just sand it wet and its usually fine.

For the q-tip I would suggest lightly brushing the surface then sanding, dont even try to remove a lot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back