Seeking Close-Up F4U-1A Cockpit Pictures (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rwright142

Airman
Aug 31, 2007
I'm building a radio controlled 1/6 scale F4U-1A Corsair to honor Lt. JG Jim Streig who flew with the Jolly Rogers in the Corsair wearing #3. I want to be as accurate as I can but I'm hitting a brick wall... I just cannot find any close-up pictures of the F4U-1A cockpit. By close-up I mean where I can read the lettering on the placards, switches, etc.

I have several books, manuals, and have researched extensively on the internet, but I have not found anything close-up. The KD431 book has some good cockpit pictures of that 1A, but it doesn't show anything close-up either.

I compared the KD431 pictures with the 1D pictures I have and there are enough differences between them to 'bother' me. I know I'm probably overly critical but I want my cockpit to be as accurate as I can make it. I have even contacted the Vought National Archives to purchase some copies of microfilm.. Geez... I'm too anal huh?

I recently contacted the Planes of Fame museum in Chino, CA and am awaiting a response from them. Hopefully I can get someone to shoot pictures of their 1A. Even though it's airworthy it should be close enough for me to copy.

So, if anyone can help I'd GREATLY appreciate it...

Thanks for your reply but I have all of those drawings.

What I need are closeup pictures so that I can read the lettering.

In the attached pictures the highlighted areas are showing what I am seeking.

1A-MidResLabels1.jpg

1A-HiResSwitches.jpg

I appreciate your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back