SH 1/72 A-35 Vengeance

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jayl

Senior Airman
May 29, 2009
Hello everybody, back to work on some aircraft after finishing a couple of cars and a Moto GP bike.

I got this kit relatively cheap and figured that I could build it pretty quick and work on some techniques before starting back up with my TBF. Just out of the box, real quick like. :rolleyes: Then I started cutting and most of you know how that ends up. I started with the cowl because while the plane looks kinda cool in some pics it's rather boxy and ugly (sorry Wildcat) and really needs cowls opened and flaps dropped to break it up a bit.

It's nearly impossible to find good references of this aircraft so I've used a good bit of guess work and artistic license for the cockpit. I'll be doing the Brazilian scheme just because I don't see them very often. Ok, on to the pics, sorry if some are blurry, but I've been using my cell phone camera. I'll get the dslr setup for finished pics.

First had to add detail to the flat wheel wells.

Now the engine and the cowl.

Here's where reading your instructions thoroughly can save some time. This version of the aircraft doesn't have the top flap that I've glued on and had to be removed and the hole filled.

Another area that I thought required a pe part but reread the instructions and nope, not on this version. :evil:

Here's the cockpit and where a lot of the guess work was used. I don't claim that much of this is very accurate. :D

Blurry flaps pic to end with.

Last edited:
Nice work Jay!! You could also model it with the dive flaps extended -

Attachments

• 24sqnRAAF19.jpg
    24sqnRAAF19.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 165
Thanks guys for the comments.

Nice work Jay!! You could also model it with the dive flaps extended -

See, the aircraft looks cool in that pic.:D I can't say that the option didn't pass my mind but with the absence of a pe set in this scale it quickly was passed over. I had a hard enough time re-scribing them on one side after being a little too aggressive with my sanding.

I want to drop the two flaps shown in this picture and I need to know how the area circled in red should be done. It's the same on top and bottom of the wing. Are the flaps notched and that area continues through or do the edges of the flaps meet and the area in red is thinned and sits on top where they meet. I don't have any good pictures of this area so I'm lost as to what should be done.

with this support that I have almost photographic finish would have been very different now.

impacciente stay to see more progress

Thank you for the comments. Here's a little more progress, it doesn't look like much but these are the things that take up most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back