Shep Paine?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blue Yonder

Airman 1st Class
Jun 8, 2008
Upstate New York
Anyone have any pictures of Sheperd Paine's work? I'm looking to teach some students about model building and I think I should show them one of the best model masters there is. I'm looking for any, hopefully all, of his model diorama pictures. Thanks.

Hi Blue. Sorry I can't help with pictures, but I know there was a soft-back book available showing his work. The last time I saw it was in my local Library about a year ago, but I can't for the life of me remember the publisher.
If he was the same guy that did the stuff for some of the larger Monogram kit leaflets, then I can scan a copy of the 1/48th scale B17G leaflet that came with the kit, which I still have. It illustrates some tips, and has a colour pic of a 'damaged' Fort' he did for the kit's release. Let me know if that would be useful, and I'll post it.
Terry.

Aaaah....the memories! Imagine a class held by him.....probably the only class in your life EVER, that you didn't want to see the end of....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back