Shepard Paine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Blue Yonder

Airman 1st Class
Jun 8, 2008
Upstate New York
I have a 1/48 scale TBD-1 Devastator that I would like to work on, but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures, or anything on the pamphlet as well as the actual diorama that Shepard Paine made using this plane.
Thanks

-Pete

Sorry I can't help, but I think there's a book, title and publisher unknown I'm afraid, on Shep Ppaine's work. There was some mention of this fairly recently here on the forum.

Sorry I can't help, but I think there's a book, title and publisher unknown I'm afraid, on Shep Ppaine's work. There was some mention of this fairly recently here on the forum.

Hi
pics of the Devastator are available in the book " How to build diorama" from ... Sheperd Paine!!
I also remember a back issue of "FSM", with an article about Sheperd paine's diorama ( the special serie made
for Monogram Armour/plane kits). If a scan of the Devastator interest you,please contact me via E-mail or PM, i possibly have a second book...

Found it.......
001.jpg

I don't believe there was a pamphlet about that diorama in the original monogram Devestator kit, however it's correct that the diorama is briefly discussed in Shephard Paine's How to Build Dioramas (which is from Kalambach publishing, by the way). He shows how he immersed the model in a medium he used to depict water, which was contained in a baking pan, and then pressed wrinkled aluminum foil on the still wet gook to make a wavy surface. Brilliant stuff.

I met Shephard Paine once at an IPMS contest. I almost dropped to the ground and did the "we're not worthy" routine from Wayne's World.

I have a 1/48 scale TBD-1 Devastator that I would like to work on, but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures, or anything on the pamphlet as well as the actual diorama that Shepard Paine made using this plane.
Thanks

-Pete

I have found what i was looking for : FSM december 1999 issue, article of Phil GORE :
"Recreating a classic diorama: devastator down !"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back