Shooting at Fort Hood

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DBII

Senior Master Sergeant
Oct 16, 2007
Conroe, Texas
Break news from ABC News

KILLEEN, TX (KTRK) -- A mass shooting at the Fort Hood Army base in Killeen has left at least seven dead.
According to a spokesperson for the base, seven victims are dead and 12 are wounded. Two of those are in serious condition. One gunman has been apprehended.
The shooting happened at the soldier readiness processing center at approximately 1:30pm. The base remains on lockdown. It's believed there were at least two gunmen. At least one is still on the loose.
The website of the base has posted an alert that says, "Effective immediately Fort Hood is closed." The Web site said that units at the base have been ordered to account for all personnel.
The site says, "This is not a Drill. It is an Emergency Situation."
According to KXXV-TV, the ABC affiliate for Killeen, Killeen ISD has nine schools, all on the post, all on lockdown. Parents have been asked to stay away.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.

DBII

Love that last next to last bit. If my child was in danger, it would take more than a school lockdown to keep me away.

Anyway, my thoughts go out to the victims.

The schools are on on post. All of Ft Hood is locked down. The parents must be going crazy. Lastest is 3 gun men one has been captured. Wounded is rumored to be 20.

DBII

Holy ****! I hope they catch and kill those bastards.

I used to live at Fort Hood over 20 years ago. I have many friends stationed there right now.

By ANNE GEARAN, AP National Security Writer Anne Gearan, Ap National Security Writer – 8 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Seven people were killed and 20 wounded in a pair of shootings Thursday at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas, the Army says.

An army spokesman in Washington says the base has been locked down following the shootings. Another official told The Asociated Press that at least one shooter had been caught.

The FBI is sending agents to the scene.

Army spokesman Lt. Col. Nathan Banks says the first shooting began at about 1:30 p.m. at a personnel and medical processing office. The facility, called a Soldier Rating and Processing center, handles administrative details for soldiers.

Banks says two shooters were apparently involved. There was no immediate word on who they were, nor on identities of the dead.

Banks says the second incident took place at a theater on the sprawling base.

Another Army official identified that site as the Howze Theater.

That official, who requested anonymity to discuss an evolving incident, said a graduation had been scheduled for 2 p.m. at the theater.

The White House said President Barack Obama was notified of the shootings.

DBII

I am watching the live News Cast and briefing from a Major General in command of 3rd Corps. He has stated that there are now 12 killed and 31 wounded. One shooter has been killed and 2 have been captured.

The General has said that the shooters were soldiers, and that all victims were soldiers as well.No civilians wounded or killed.

Primary weapons were hand guns.

Three attackers? One guy going bonkers is one thing. But three guys going bonkers at the same time? Don't believe it, has to be planned in some way.

No terrorist?

General Robert Scales (Ret) on FOX News is describing the shootings as "deliberate acts of execution" by the shooter.

TO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back