Shooting for fun.

Discussion in 'OFF-Topic / Misc.' started by AlloySkull, Nov 29, 2007.

1. AlloySkull

AlloySkull Member

Seafood.
    Home Page:
    One of a million hobbies I try and keep up with but it manages to stay in the top two with model aircraft. I own a .22 Benjamin pellet gun and a .177 Crosman 357 pellet pistol.

I don't own any actual firearms because after being in the mental hospital for a suicide attempt over two years ago, well, the doctors forbade me from having guns. But that was me then. I'm considering purchasing either a classic wooden stock semi-auto AK-47 or a derivative of the Kalashnikov. The underfolder is also of interest to me, but the AK is inaccurate enough, which is what convinces me to get a solid buttstock.

To spend quite a bit more, I would like to purchase a Luger, serials don't have to match, which is fine because it's still a Luger. Anyone know how much a non-matching Luger, WWII, or pre-WWII would run?

Anyone else shoot for target practice, competition, or sport?

2. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    There are many many of us here who still enjoy goin to the range/in the woods/local shopping mall and firing off a few rounds...

That being said, some of us talk about it, some dont... I myself, own NO weapons, either here at home or anywhere else on the face of this planet...

3. Lucky13

Lucky13 Forum Mascot

Nightshift picker
    Home Page:
    Aren't your tongue listed as a leathal weapon...?

4. lesofprimus

lesofprimus Active Member

Communications
    Home Page:
    I cannot confirm or deny any allegations...

5. Lucky13

Lucky13 Forum Mascot

Nightshift picker
    Home Page:
    I understand....

6. Matt308

Matt308 Glock Perfection
    Staff Member Moderator

Engineer
    Alloyskull. I don't know what the statutes are for a mental health finding, but I would suggest you get another hobby. I have yet to see an ATF form that asks the question in any fashion that allows for expiration credit for mental health. So unless you intend to lie (felony), I suggest you move on to something else.

7. comiso90

comiso90 Active Member

Video and multi-media communications expert
    The fact that you are compelled to share with strangers your mental health history and in the next sentence mention buying automatic weapons is a huge red flag.

You only had to ask for advice on weapons... mentioning the sickness was completely unnecessary in this context.

It's obvious that there is a link between the weapons and your health. Perhaps you like the danger/excitement of temptation with a real firearm...

Stick with the air guns... get a high-end target rifle. They're freak'n powerful... its an Olympic event.

8. AlloySkull

AlloySkull Member

Seafood.
    Home Page:
    Honestly, I found it quite in context to explain why I don't have a rifle anymore and why I don't go to the shooting range. See now, I'm compelled to explain why that particular time period was especially bad for having anything, even my bare fists around, at any given moment. I had been on a medication for 8 years for my Tourette's, a new doctor took me off, anger, depression, etc, and they put me back on a year ago.

There you go. I'm aware of how tempermental firearms and even pellet guns can be. I don't play around. I hate when people go off and piss around with guns and end up killing people. It gives responsible shooters a bad name. I apologize, but I'm unintentionally open about my problems, and to be totally honest it's because I'd rather people just know, it's kind of like a sneeze. Ya know?

Not at all. When I used to work on my uncle's ranch, we used to go out in the evenings and shoot, it's nothing special, just a lot louder and with a kick.