Shooting for fun.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

One of a million hobbies I try and keep up with but it manages to stay in the top two with model aircraft. I own a .22 Benjamin pellet gun and a .177 Crosman 357 pellet pistol.

I don't own any actual firearms because after being in the mental hospital for a suicide attempt over two years ago, well, the doctors forbade me from having guns. But that was me then. I'm considering purchasing either a classic wooden stock semi-auto AK-47 or a derivative of the Kalashnikov. The underfolder is also of interest to me, but the AK is inaccurate enough, which is what convinces me to get a solid buttstock.

To spend quite a bit more, I would like to purchase a Luger, serials don't have to match, which is fine because it's still a Luger. Anyone know how much a non-matching Luger, WWII, or pre-WWII would run?

Anyone else shoot for target practice, competition, or sport?

Alloyskull. I don't know what the statutes are for a mental health finding, but I would suggest you get another hobby. I have yet to see an ATF form that asks the question in any fashion that allows for expiration credit for mental health. So unless you intend to lie (felony), I suggest you move on to something else.

The fact that you are compelled to share with strangers your mental health history and in the next sentence mention buying automatic weapons is a huge red flag.

You only had to ask for advice on weapons... mentioning the sickness was completely unnecessary in this context.

It's obvious that there is a link between the weapons and your health. Perhaps you like the danger/excitement of temptation with a real firearm...

Stick with the air guns... get a high-end target rifle. They're freak'n powerful... its an Olympic event.

Honestly, I found it quite in context to explain why I don't have a rifle anymore and why I don't go to the shooting range. See now, I'm compelled to explain why that particular time period was especially bad for having anything, even my bare fists around, at any given moment. I had been on a medication for 8 years for my Tourette's, a new doctor took me off, anger, depression, etc, and they put me back on a year ago.

There you go. I'm aware of how tempermental firearms and even pellet guns can be. I don't play around. I hate when people go off and piss around with guns and end up killing people. It gives responsible shooters a bad name. I apologize, but I'm unintentionally open about my problems, and to be totally honest it's because I'd rather people just know, it's kind of like a sneeze. Ya know?

It's obvious that there is a link between the weapons and your health. Perhaps you like the danger/excitement of temptation with a real firearm...

Not at all. When I used to work on my uncle's ranch, we used to go out in the evenings and shoot, it's nothing special, just a lot louder and with a kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back