Short memory

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

...far more convicts were sent to America than ever went to Australia...
Well, actually about 50,000 convicts were sent to the American colonies until American independence versus about 165,000 convicts to Australia before the gold rush of the 1850's :)

Most of my European ancestors came to America in the years before independence (none were convicts...lol) though one came to the U.S. through Canada in the early 1800's.

There's Highlander Scot, Royal Stuart, Saxon, Prussian as well as Oglala Sioux in my ancestry plus some distant Dutch and even Iriquois...how's that for an interesting bloodline? :lol:

How about this one:

In the 1960 the traffic controllers at fankfurt airport were aparently well known for their rudness on air. One time a BOAC pilot called the tower and asked in a very British voice where docking bay such and such was

"HAF YOU NEVER BEEN TO FRANKURT BEFORE?' the controller asked testily.
After a pause the BOAC pilot came back: "Yes, several times. But it was dark and I didn't land."

Well, my paternal grandfather came here in 1912, grandmother in 1920, Maternal grandfather in 1900, and grandmother's family in the 1880's, all from Germany.
So, ..ummm, ...
Dang this short memory!
If I am to believe family tradition my father's family were in the household of King Anna of East Anglia (Wuffingas rule!) in the 5th century while my mother's family were in Morocco in the 4th century.

But then all europeans are descendants of Charlemagne and the DNA of the Duke of Bedford's butler matches that of a local burial of 7,000 years ago so he must be the winner of the competition.

Let me understand please : you bought a farm along with a Romanian barman friend during 100 years war ok ?
Nice.
And, along, i'm (as well as all european people if I understand well) a descendent of Karolus Magnus.
Is this it ?
Is everything ok with you My Friend ?
May I help you in any way ?
Let me know pls.

1. French warships and gunpowder saved the American rebels.

And all these men would say debt repaid...

americancemetary.jpg

Just saying. ;)

It has been brought to my attention that my above post might offend my fellow Americans and the French alike.

1. It was not meant to be an offensive post. I think the point of the post is pretty self explanatory. The French aided us, we aided them. That American's memory is short, then the French memory is even shorter. I have nothing against the French, and the post is not meant to be taken 100% literally.

2. If anyone found it offensive. Well you might need some thicker skin. Please contact me in a PM, and we can discuss this without derailing the thread.

I don't need any membership of the forum, forming secret alliances and trying to get people have me removed as a moderator because they did not understand the post.

You have got to be kidding me. After all the cr@p we wade through in all those "dirt vs sand" threads, THATS the post that gets people riled up????

What was wrong with that post. Sheesh. You people.

[Ooops that was probably offensive and derogatory.]

:rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me. After all the cr@p we wade through in all those "dirt vs sand" threads, THATS the post that gets people riled up????

No it has not offended anyone. It was just brought to my attention that it might offend Americans and French alike. The person sent me a friendly PM, and they themselves stated that they know that it was not my intent. Basically they were just pointing out that some people might find it offensive.

I was just putting it out there, that if it does offend someone, just contact me personally in a PM and we can discuss it.

Last edited:
In a more affirmative tone: I'd like to thank the people of Commonwealth, USA, USSR and others that were helping us to fight survive in ww2. I would also like to thank our friends in Germany, Austria, Italy and many, mostly European countries that were affirmative to our independence back in 1990s.
The short French occupation (or "occupation") in early 19th century (Napoleon times) saw many roads, schools and hospitals being built, far more than anything built in centuries of Austro-Hungarian and/or Venetian governance here. The feudal system was banned by the French. The street in Split, Croatia, is named after French marshall Marmont, Napoleon's governor of 'Iliran' provinces. So I thank also the French people.

"forming secret
alliances and trying to
get people have me
removed as a
moderator"
Felt on my bum !
Go on Adler, you're doing great job here.
I prefer a straight talker, frank person instead of hypocrites.
Don't be surprised, the master word out there is more and more : "i hate conflictual situations !"
Poor little boys and Girls...
Frenches are almost all teletubbies by now.

It has been brought to my attention that my above post might offend my fellow Americans and the French alike.

1. It was not meant to be an offensive post. I think the point of the post is pretty self explanatory. The French aided us, we aided them. That American's memory is short, then the French memory is even shorter. I have nothing against the French, and the post is not meant to be taken 100% literally.

2. If anyone found it offensive. Well you might need some thicker skin. Please contact me in a PM, and we can discuss this without derailing the thread.

I don't need any membership of the forum, forming secret alliances and trying to get people have me removed as a moderator because they did not understand the post.

Chris,
Your post is very self explanatory and in tune with the thread. Maybe people should read things in context more before jumping to conclusions?
What's all this about 'secret alliances' within the forum? sounds a bit sinister when a forum like this is supposed to be a past time / friendship thing.
Cheers
John

Last edited:
The British ( English) have lots of people to thank...

The Romans
The Danes
The Vikings
The French (eventually)
All members of the Empire Commonwealth.
Out friends at times of dire need...yes, same old faces.
The list is endless...

But, it would be very dull world without a lot of leg pulling !!

Cheers
John

Any secret coupe against the mods will see the wrath of a vast majority of the membership as well...if something hurts your feelings, pull up your britches and deal with it...

The current social acceptance of over-sensitivity is nothing more than a poison running through the veins of society, breeding paranioa and confusion.

It's both ironical and sad about how people get over-sensitive about something that might hurt their feelings, yet daily dying of thousands of people (from hunger, bad water, no medical help, and/or maybe because being of 'wrong' nation, tribe, religion, etc.) can't persuade them to make anything that might help to the people in need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back