Show Your Workbench (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fatboris

Airman
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
I'm now at a point where I have enough supplies/tools, etc... that my workbench is a mess. I want to start getting it organized but want to leave room to grow since I'm sure the amount of stuff will continue to grow as well.

Some of you who've been doing this awhile, I'm curious how you have your stuff organized, setup. Post some pics PLEASE if you would be so kind. I need some ideas. Thanks.

This is my dungeon in the basement of my house.

Cabinets are from my old kitchen which we renovated this year. I made the rack for paints and tools myself - it's loose and can be moved around. On the left and behind the rack runs a 4 inch pipe for my vacuum system. I'm thinking to make a spray booth one day and attach it to the vacuum. Airbrush compressor and Dremel tool can be seen to the right.

Attachments

• 100410 Shop.jpg
    100410 Shop.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 459
Funny you should say that Terry. It`s normally much messier but I had just completed an intensive search and rescue effort to locate a tiny piece of PE for the landing gear for my Hellcat (to no avail I`m afraid). Everything was tidied up so I could locate the thing so I thought I`d take a pic of this rare condition before the clutter returned.

Maybe when I've got a spare couple of days, I'll tidy-up my work space, which is also where I spend most of my time in the house, as it's the most comforatble seat! I'll post a pic when/if I do !

Here you go Eric, this is the "Hanger." I'm lucky enough to have a room all of my own. :D :D :D

Pic 1. Workbench under a window.

Pic 2. The reference library and some other junk.

Pic 3. Modelling essentials, the sort of stuff you never discard, scratch building bits and so on.

Pic 4. Shelves of done stuff, camera and my secret stash hidden behind the door,:twisted: :twisted: the known one is in the top of the wardrobe.

Pic 5. Meditating couch, when I can get on it. Also emergency sleeping billet if banished.:shock::shock:

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Attachments

• A1 Hanger.JPG
    A1 Hanger.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 359
  • A2 Hanger.JPG
    A2 Hanger.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 340
  • A3 Hanger.JPG
    A3 Hanger.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 333
  • A4 Hanger.JPG
    A4 Hanger.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 335
  • A5 Hanger.JPG
    A5 Hanger.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 337
Vic, that's awesome. Got some great ideas because your desk is about the same size as what I have to work with. Mine's a complete disaster.

I've seen quite a few Dremels in pics around here. What do you use Dremels for?

That's a great arrangement Vic - I'm not jealous, honest!
I no longer have the luxury of a separate room for modelling, since divorce forced a move to a small house. But, as Karl stated, my house is the workbench! Most of my models are now on shelves and in a cabinet in the spare room, with some in the lounge, which is also the library, spares store, work area, and, when I get around to it, the sitting down and doing b*gger all area!
Here's a couple of pics showing the work bench/desk, with the 'overflow' area to the right. It's unusually almost tidy in these pics!

Attachments

• Can Jan 283.jpg
    Can Jan 283.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Can Jan 290.jpg
    Can Jan 290.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 278
Vic, that's awesome. Got some great ideas because your desk is about the same size as what I have to work with. Mine's a complete disaster.

I've seen quite a few Dremels in pics around here. What do you use Dremels for?

Dermel's are just a handy tool to have around Eric, mine has a battery pack so is cable free and it's most often used to gently grind down unwanted plastic though the grinding disc does tend to melt it rather than grind and it's always best to finish by hand. It's also good for drilling, polishing and buffing especially clear bits where you are emerying out a scratch. Iit also get a lot of use on cleaning up white metal pats and we all know how they always need attention.

:hotsun: :hotsun:

Thanks guys. The 'tool box' is actually a fishing tackle case, with removable separator 'walls' to create racks for paint tinlets etc, plus a larger tray divided into sections, and the large storage area in the base of the case for larger tins/bottles and odds and sods. Handy to fold away and stick on a shelf when not in use - whenever that is!
I've noticed some artists supplies stores now sell similar cases, from the same manufacturer!
Other tools go into a cheap plastic tool box, and the compressor and airbrush live in a large, plastic or nylon lunch box type of case. All useful, and inexpensive storage solutions, not that the stuff sees much storage time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back