Site Owner and Moderators (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
I would like to know who owns the site and who are the moderators.

I have a VERY complete aircraft database that I might be willing to send to the site owner on CD. It is in Microsoft Excel and has complete data on over 1,000 psiton engine aircraft (about 955 of them military, almost 500 jets (almost all military), Turboprop and ixed power aircraft, Rocket planes, and X-Planes.

So ... who are the principals on this site?

Thanks in advance, - GregP is: Greg Pascal

email: [email protected]

No I haven't.

Nobody ever contacted me with an address. The file is WAY to big to email, I'd have to make a CD and snail mail it. I don't know the owner and the mods are just forum names as far as I know. I think FlyboyJ's name is Joe, but you can't send mail to "Joe" either. Can't mail anything to "Der Adler1st Gelandet," the US mail won't deliver it.

I assumed nobody was interested and let it go a long time ago.

Actually, as I now recall, I did get one reply that basically said they didn't know what they would DO with an Excel file and that was that ... can't remember who replied, but that was the gist of it. Still don't recall an address.

The file is about 20 years of research and data entry and with so little interest, I didn't pursue it further.

Last edited:
With the old uploader there was a list of file size limits and I remember them to be fairly large, especially when it came to zip files. A single Excel file that was zipped might still be small enough to upload directly to the forums.

The mods should be able to find out the file size limits and let you know if the zipped Excel file falls under that limit. 8)

Wheels

Edit:
I found an old picture I used for another post regarding the uploader and certain files allow a 150MB upload while the pictures are limited to 5mb. I seem to remember that .zip files and .rar files also allowed a 150mb upload. I would think just about any zipped Excel file should fall below 150MB in size.
93864.jpg

Last edited:
With the old uploader there was a list of file size limits and I remember them to be fairly large, especially when it came to zip files. A single Excel file that was zipped might still be small enough to upload directly to the forums.

The mods should be able to find out the file size limits and let you know if the zipped Excel file falls under that limit. 8)

Wheels

Edit:
I found an old picture I used for another post regarding the uploader and certain files allow a 150MB upload while the pictures are limited to 5mb. I seem to remember that .zip files and .rar files also allowed a 150mb upload. I would think just about any zipped Excel file should fall below 150MB in size.
93864.jpg
well no, Excel can get quite large, I quite often work with files more than 250 mb. Having said that, the best way to make it smaller is saving as csv file and then zip it. I would prefer that over Excel. For sending, we could make an FTP site where Greg could upload and the moderators can download.
It would be great to make it a real, searchable database. If I knew the structure, I could make that, we only would need a hostingsite with Apache and mysql then. I could do that, but then, we'll get a redbeatband.nl hostname :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back