So many damn credit/debit cards in my wallet! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I must be lucky, I have one credit card that I only use for my Sirius/XM subscription. My last purchase was a Pentax camera 21 years ago. I still don't use on-line banking.

Geo

I only have two credit cards, one which I've had for decades and has no annual fee and only gets used for purchases in Australian. The second one which is a more recent addition for use when purchasing outside of Australia or while overseas as it attracts no bank or currency conversion fees and has no annual fee. Having said that, I also usually only do on line purchases if I can purchase with PayPal. No PayPal and I will look elsewhere or go without.

If one really hes too much credit/debit cards, then the best thing one should do is to reduce the number. One-two per person or per family sounds just great.

I've got only one that I got from the company if I have to travel abroad. Quite useful, especially in the US, where they all expect you to have a creditcard. Don't use it much apart from that.

Ummm, it only does magnetic stripe cards, which are on their way out (too easy to clone).

Here in NZ, banks are only issuing chip cards (now with near field communication, so you don't even have to insert the card into the machine), so it wouldn't be any good to me.

Seems it would have been a great idea 5-10 years ago, but a bit late for some of us.

Ummm, it only does magnetic stripe cards, which are on their way out (too easy to clone).

Here in NZ, banks are only issuing chip cards (now with near field communication, so you don't even have to insert the card into the machine), so it wouldn't be any good to me.

Seems it would have been a great idea 5-10 years ago, but a bit late for some of us.

Yeah, been the same here. Don't think I have had a solely magnetic card in at least 12 years. Been chip and pin for at least that amount of time here.

New fangeled gadgets... NO credit cards of any kind; ONE debit card magnetic strip which I and I alone swipe with absolutely NO overdraft protection; and a flip phone I've had for 10 years...it's a PHONE not a computer/entertainment center/camera, it makes PHONE calls... period

ONE debit card magnetic strip which I and I alone swipe with absolutely NO overdraft protection;

The only time we've had our card cloned was when my wife swiped it.Chip and PIN is a lot more secure than the old mag stripe.

Banks here will reverse any fraudulent transactions as long as you haven't disclosed your pin to anyone, and report it stolen as soon as possible.

We had a spate of problems with waiter/waitresses swiping cards into their cell phones when we handed them cards at the table

Users who are viewing this thread

Back