Soccer player dresses as Adolf Hitler

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
CANBERRA (Reuters) - An Australian professional soccer player who attended a club celebration dressed as Adolf Hitler will be disciplined after Jewish groups complained, officials said Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

German-born Andre Gumprecht, 33, attended a post-Grand Final ceremony Monday for his Central Coast Mariners team dressed in a khaki military uniform and mustache to resemble the former German dictator.

"Hitler was such a monster and for a lot of people, it's a very sensitive thing to be confronted with," Ernie Friedlander, a spokesman for the Jewish community group B'nai B'rith, told Australian newspapers.

Football Federation Australia chief executive Ben Buckley said he would be seeking an explanation from midfielder Gumprecht, who also runs a sporting academy for children.

"Such behavior is not only stupid, but is also not tolerated by the FFA," Buckley said in a statement.

Gumprecht was born in Jena, in the former East Germany, and played second division soccer there before joining Australian team Perth Glory in 2002.

A second player, Tony Vidmar, who dressed as God for the "Mad Monday" celebration in the beachside resort of Terrigal, north of Sydney, donning white robes and blackening his face, would also face a disciplinary hearing, Buckley said.

Australia/Israel Jewish Affairs Council spokesman Allon Lee said Gumprecht's costume after his team lost the A-League Grand Final 1-0 to the Newcastle Jets was "clearly in poor taste."

"Even if it was done in jest, he is a role model and he should consider the impact of his actions," Lee told local newspapers.

What happened to the freedom of speech...to express your thoughts freely...if its illegal to dress as hitler fine...but if its not then I don't give a....I'll stop here because I don't want to sound like a jerk and I have to respect the rules of the forum and also to respect other members.

I heard about this - pretty bizarre.

For those of you who remember Keith Moon, former drummer with the Who - he used to have dress up days, and one of his days was Hitler day. He wore a uniform and went the whole day pretending to be Hitler. I guess it drove his girlfriend nuts.

I heard about this - pretty bizarre.

For those of you who remember Keith Moon, former drummer with the Who - he used to have dress up days, and one of his days was Hitler day. He wore a uniform and went the whole day pretending to be Hitler. I guess it drove his girlfriend nuts.

I remember him. He was truely warped. "Uncle Ernie"

Here is the picture by the way, it doesn't look like Hitler except for the mustache

Attachments

• gump.jpg
    gump.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,837
I agree with Konigstiger. And I'm not saying any more, because I'm not going to get into the politics of it. I got flak once for my Auxillary uniform. Seriously. Mine was more accurate, but his-- come on. What a cheaply thrown together outfit.

To an extent. Peter and I are also re-enactors, portraying JG1 Oesau, or at least a part of it. XD

I mean, if they have re-enactors that resemble Hermann Goering in weight and portraying paratroopers, why not someone who is 6'5" portraying a pilot? It's doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back