Some of my work

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Here's the first of some of my models, for those who have been asking. Only ones I've got on computer file at the moment.
P51C is Tamiya 1/48th., brush painted. P51D diorama overview (unfinished) is Dragon 1/32nd. scale. More to follow when I get the chance. One of my paintings, the Shell House raid

Attachments

• Models 014.jpg
    Models 014.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Mustang model 001.jpg
    Mustang model 001.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 117
  • aircraft paintings 012.jpg
    aircraft paintings 012.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 130
Terrific job! The only that MITE need to be downsized is the first picture of the P-51. Go into Microsoft paint.....edit and then select all and just downsize it. If you have some white around it got to Image then click attributes and just estimate how big it is

Wasn't the Shell house used by Gestapo in.....Copenhagen? I sometimes get mixed up in the low level attacks in Copenhagen, Oslo and.....was it Hague?

Great work nonetheless Terry! 8)

Thanks Wojtek and Gnomey, got some various software, but just up-graded today, and trying to figure out the differences! I'll get there eventually.
Lucky, yes, Shell House was used as Gestapo HQ, Copenhagen. The raid was at the request of Danish Resistance, took place 11.15 hrs, 21st March '45. The painting, measuring 30x40 inches (76x100cm), was done for the 50th anniversary, and made into limited-edition prints to help raise funds for a memorial to aircrew lost on the operation. The prints were signed by surviving aircrew, S.O.E. agents and Danish Resistance vets, on the 50th anniversary, in Copenhagen. I had a fantastic few days there, with the vets, and visited Shell House of course, where a dedication ceremony took place, and other areas related to the raid, including the Commonwealth Cemetery. I've just finished writing and illustrating an account of the story behind the painting, the raid, and the 50th celebrations.
BTW, thank you all for the kind comments re. my work.

You are welcome.:D

Here resized pic with P-51B/C.Of course I used Irfanview.

Attachments

• P51B.jpg
    P51B.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 153
Thanks 109. I'm afraid my standards have dropped now, because of this stupid arthritis. The models posted are recent, within the last six months. Those made a few years ago are better, generally.

Thanks Wojtek and Gnomey. I've just downloaded Infranview and tried it. For re-sizing, it's much quicker and easier than my iother applications, and it looks like I can also interface better for some other jobs between applications, such as Corel, Publisher, Serif etc.
Good advice, thanks again!
Terry.

Great paintwork on the P-51! Brush is all I ever use.

And Infraview is a great little program. Along with GIMP I can do just about anything. And they're all for free!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back