some older kits

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
Came across these at the LHS.

025-3_zps97df1358.jpg

020-1_zps14df0148.jpg

009-3_zps5a81fcfc.jpg

011-3_zps481417cb.jpg

Good find. I remember that Dauntless from the early 1960s, and it's still around, on sale, today, albeit in newer packaging, and I'm about to order the original boxing of the Bristol Bulldog.
The latter was originally produced by a company called Inpact, in the mid 1960s, who's kits were way ahead of their time, and even included a reel of 'invisible' thread, for the rigging (which is where I got the idea from, all those years ago!).
The moulds have been used since, by Lindberg, Pyro, and Lifelike, and the kits stand up very well against today's products. Their Gladiator, for example, is arguably as good as, possibly better than, the Roden kit.
That Flycatcher might be worth grabbing, as it's quite rare nowadays, especially for UK modellers - could possibly make a 'killing' on a well-know auction site ......

Most of them are Karl. Some, like the Dauntless, have a few 'gimmicks', such as retracting undercart and a switch to drop the bomb, aimed at the younger buyer of the time. But they also have nice features such as hinged flaps, internal detail, clear, multi-piece canopies, and overall good mouldings. The P-47 you have, although it doesn't include such features, is an example of that era of Monogram kits, now boxed under the Revell name, Revell-Monogram now being one.

I have a bunch of the older kits sitting in my man cave. The kits I either built or wished I could have built while I was younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back