Some Sad News for the Forum .. Charles Cheeseman has passed away.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Saddened to hear of CC's passing, my sincere regards to his family and friends ~ Until now I never knew much about him other than he was a regular when I first joined this website and he had a deep knowledge of all things Aviation - he was close then with 'Lancaster', they were quite a duo - They did not approve of me and we didn't see eye to eye on most things. I left this site for some time, in frustration -
Perhaps if I had only got to know him better...

God Bless you Charles & Family
I think you are confusing ccheese with cedarcheese. Both two very different individuals. Cedarcheese used to be a young individual who was a friend of TheLancasterKicksAss. Both teen-agers at the time, last seen in 2011. Ccheese came later, after Lanc and cedar stopped to be regulars.

Saddened to hear of CC's passing, my sincere regards to his family and friends ~ Until now I never knew much about him other than he was a regular when I first joined this website and he had a deep knowledge of all things Aviation - he was close then with 'Lancaster', they were quite a duo - They did not approve of me and we didn't see eye to eye on most things. I left this site for some time, in frustration -
Perhaps if I had only got to know him better...

God Bless you Charles & Family

You are mistaken about which CC. The CC who passed away was not the same CC who was friends with Lancaster.

Hi gentlemen, you are indeed both right. I had thought he was a younger chap, as was The Lancaster Kicks Ass, they were a rather 'unkind' pair to me - My most humble apologies.

I've only recently started to pop back in, Horse has nicely been sending me website updates to titilate and intrigue my passion for WW2 Aviation... I remember you both from long ago when I was a much more regular member. Many thanks ~ [ I guess I should get into doing my avatar & stuff too -]

However, I do wish to express my regret at Charles Cheeseman's passing and extend my sincere condolences to his family & friends, as a member here ~

Kind regards

Hi gentlemen, you are indeed both right. I had thought he was a younger chap, as was The Lancaster Kicks Ass, they were a rather 'unkind' pair to me - My most humble apologies.

I've only recently started to pop back in, Horse has nicely been sending me website updates to titilate and intrigue my passion for WW2 Aviation... I remember you both from long ago when I was a much more regular member. Many thanks ~ [ I guess I should get into doing my avatar & stuff too -]

However, I do wish to express my regret at Charles Cheeseman's passing and extend my sincere condolences to his family & friends, as a member here ~

Kind regards

Welcome back.

Kind regards
Hi Gemhorse,

Welcome back then. Hope the forum will be more kind to you now. We try to keep it more civilised nowadays.

Many thanks again, I know I have some strong views, historically speaking, but wish to share in the knowledge. I have still been busy reading steadily and hope I can add to the sharing for those younger minds, as I'm getting-on these days, but as they say, you're never too old to learn !!
Again, kind regards ~

Just came back today, very sad to hear the news. I distinctly remember that he sparked my interest in retrying building a Guillows model, May he rest in peace...

Just returned to hear the sad news. Charles was always they to help one and all

980x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really sad news. I'm fairly new here and just " met" Charles so to speak this morning for the first time looking through some older threads and in the same day find out he has passed away.
My sincere condolences to his wife and family. RIP

It is with a very heavy heart that I'm announcing that one of our Moderators, CCheeseman, has passed away. I don't know the circumstances and he was having some health issues this week. He was in his 80s and lived in Virginia Beach, VA. He was a very very kind soul, former career Navy flier and an all around good guy. I met him a few times and although our political views didn't always mesh, I had great respect for him. He was an avid gardener, loved his Mazda truck and most important of all, his wife Edna Mae. He was a long-time member here, with numerous contributions and one of the last balsa wood model builders. I'm so saddened by this, I don't even know what I'm typing.

The pics are one of his favorites: A portrait while he worked at the local Mazda dealer and one from 2008 when he, myself and Toughhombre went to WWII Weekend in Reading, PA.

I'm really gonna miss him.

View attachment 488223View attachment 488225
I am sorry to hear this. Am a newbie here. Haven't met him. In respect to his contribution sincerely saying a prayer for CC. RIP :cry2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back