Sopwith Camel

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
First draft:

Camel_3sqn_test.jpg

Looks good Clave, like it. Finishing it off, will you add manufacturer's markings, serial numbers and the like?

Always liked the Camel. Glad I never had to fly it, but liked the look.

Looks good Clave, like it. Finishing it off, will you add manufacturer's markings, serial numbers and the like?

Always liked the Camel. Glad I never had to fly it, but liked the look.

I still have some tweaking to do, and have have definitely got to find some serial nos! :evil:

I have done some tweaking and fixed a couple of 'dodgy' areas:

208 Sqn Royal Flying Corps:

Camel_208Sqn_Site.jpg

46 Sqn Royal Flying Corps:

Camel_46Sqn_Site.jpg

I will do a Polish one, only because I know certain people will never let me rest... :p

Clave this is an excellent work.:D :thumbleft: I start being envious of your talent.:lol:
Howevwer,in a pic that shows an American volunteer Lt.Kenneth M.Murray and the Sopwith F.1 Camel (F5234) of 7 Fighter Squadron,on Lewandowka airfield in 1920, the serial no. is written with a bit different font from your and it is a bit higher painted from the lower edge of the fuselage.Although,the pic presents the other side of the a/c only, the Polish square on the rudder in your profile should be turned right 90 degrees.Unfortunately the pic quality is not good but it seems that on both upper and lower surfaces of wings the Polish national markings were also painted instead of the British ones.

But it is still well done mate.:D :D :D

I made a *slight* error with the wing marking.. :lol:

Tail marking: fixed

Font: changed - but I don't really have a match, if you find something, point me to the site where I can download the font from...

So, here's Version2:

Camel_Poland_7Eskadra_Site.jpg

Hit 'Refresh' - should be good now... Also changed the fin marking slightly... :)

I'll also put a poster up on my devArt page if this is any good...

Clave thank you very much for your work.:thumbleft:
This is one of the most beautiful profiles of the Polish Camel I've ever seen.:D
I thik it is really O.K.But according to the pic mentioned by me the serial should be a bit higher on the fuselage.There is a part of your profile with the correct place of the serial.I hope you haven't taken offence at that.

Attachments

• Camel_Poland.jpg
    Camel_Poland.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 114
No problem at all...

I have added some missing wires, and improved the wing shadow now, and here is my current tally of 18 Camels:

Belgium - 2 Escadrille:

Camel_Belgium_2Esc_Site.jpg

Belgium - 9 Escadrille:

Camel_Belgium_9Esc_Site.jpg

Belgium - 11 Escadrille:

Camel_Belgium_11Esc_Site.jpg

Estonia:

Camel_Estonia_Site.jpg

Latvia:

Camel_Latvia_Site.jpg

Poland - 7 Eskadra:

Camel_Poland_7Eskadra_Site.jpg

RAF - 112 Squadron:

Camel_RAF_112Sqn_Site.jpg

RAF - 139 Squadron:

Camel_RAF_139Sqn_Site.jpg

RAF - 208 Squadron:

Camel_RAF_208Sqn_Site.jpg

RAF - 209 Squadron:

Camel_RAF_209Sqn_Site.jpg

RFC - 3 Squadron:

Camel_RFC_3Sqn_Site.jpg

RFC - 28 Squadron:

Camel_RFC_28Sqn_Site.jpg

RFC - 43 Squadron:

Camel_RFC_43Sqn_Site.jpg

RFC - 45 Squadron:

Camel_RFC_45Sqn_Site.jpg

RFC - 46 Squadron:

Camel_RFC_46Sqn_Site.jpg

RFC - 54 Squadron:

Camel_RFC_54Sqn_Site.jpg

RNAS - 9 Squadron:

Camel_RNAS_9Sqn_Site.jpg

USAS - 17th Pursuit Squadron:

Camel_USAS_17Sqn_Site.jpg

great looking Camel!

i've been wondering if anyone has seen a profile or pic of Kazakov's Russian Camel? he mostly flew another type plane, but also a Camel.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back