Sorry I was late to post this. My P-38-H lightning, Airfix 1:72 scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
To prevent the plane from tail sitting I drilled bigger holes behind the props and packed them with lead fishing weights. I didn't weather this one, because I wanted it to look like it was in a museum. Again I used thin brass pipe to replicate the cannons. I did my best to make them the correct length.

381.jpg
382.jpg
383.jpg
384.jpg
385.jpg
386.jpg
387.jpg
388.jpg
389.jpg

Looking very nice Tom. However it would be better these red-white tops and bottoms of rudders and fins were painted with these clours instead of these decals that don't fit correctly to their shapes..

:thumbright:

Probably was, but the original kit dates back to the 1960s!
A fair number of the Airfix 1/72nd scale kits are vintage items, originating anywhere from 1952 to around 1970, with 'newer' (later production) items being recognisable by the design of parts and the style of mouldings.

One obvious hint that a kit is older is the lack of any website anywhere on the box or the directions. This had mail order instructions so that shows that it's at least pre-1990's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back