Spektre's restored official un-official unit emblems, personal insignia's (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SPEKTRE76

Airman 1st Class
Oct 13, 2012
Oak Harbor, WA
Good evening all,

This is a thread that will contain official and un-official (things I made up) WW1, WW2, KC NAM Airforces personal insignias and unit emblems. Please keep in mind that not all depicted herin may be identified.

These are free for use on any projects you need them for just give a nod or something if you use them.

I will give my very best at restoring all emblems but keep in mind it is extremely difficult to get colors right, even the way that I do it.

Okay my friends enjoy!

All requests for .AI, .PSD or .PNG must use the PM system.

UPDATE: 21JAN2012 I did away with the one by one photo camparison. If you want to see any source photos for my emblems I will PM them to you. This is just to make the post cleaner.

REMEMBER TO 'RIGHT-CLICK > SAVE AS > DESKTOP' for full resolution image. You don't get that in this preview.

===================All logos will appear in post #1 only so look here often=========================

View attachment 246647 View attachment 246648

View attachment 246649 View attachment 246650

View attachment 246651

Last edited:
G-10, I think it is a Kurfurst looking at the canopy but I could be wrong. I know the model all over the net you are referring too but I am skeptical of it being a 'green' 5. I'm thinking maybe it's more of a blue perhaps? And the red border on the retored logo of the profile shot on the web may or may not be red either.

I chose a green border because of my restoration process that I do. If you squint you'll see a slight border around this emblem. So, basically I imported this image in PS CS6 (x64) then on another layer I painted spots around the border all the colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple). Then I did image>mode>grayscale and observed the change. Then I looked for which of those colors turned into a shade of grey that almost blends in with the color I picked with the 'color picker tool. I more or less painted a spot over lapping the spots on top of all the colors I changed and then which ever one was closest I varied the saturation and shade and repeat the process several times until the color disappears into the spot I painted with the original gray portion I picked (I may host a YouTube video of this).

Last edited:
It appears you're right. I was also wrong on the color of the border. I will rectify this soon. I'm in the process of restoring some other logos.

1-Bf-109G10-II_EJG2-(G5+)-Ludwigslust-Germany-1944-45-01.jpg

Absolutly.
One little secret is :
Perspective and deformation tooling your bitmap first, searching for the best possible pattern.
Then, everything comes along smoothly.

Last edited:
Absolutly.
One little secret is :
Perspective and deformation tooling your bitmap first, searching for the best possible pattern.
Then, everything comes along smoothly.

I tried that new tool but it never does what 'I' want it to do. It also never disappears of the screen and I have to restart Illustrator every time.

Yes, illustrator bitmap processing tools are not the best ones.
Photoshop ones are powerfull, reliable and user friendly.

*New "Flying Tigers" resto is up!

I also fixed "Rums". The perspective was corrected along with the clover. - SPECIAL THANKS TO Jack Hill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back