Spiteful NN660 Academy XIV Magna Models Spiteful 1/72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rocketeer

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2009
Salisbury
Geedee and I have been digging up the remains of Spiteful NN660 for over a year and I have decided to make a model of this interesting aircraft.

The aircraft was basically a MkXIV Spitfire high back fuselage fitted to a Spiteful laminar flow wing.
To do this meant I had to buy two kits:- an Academy 1/72nd Spit XIV and a Magna Models Spiteful....

The dig has allowed us to accurately find the aircraft's colour scheme......

I think this model thread will be slow and will show how pitiful my efforts at kit making will be lol! My first snag is getting resin to stick to standard polystyrene.....ideas?!!

Last edited:
Sounds like an interesting conversion Tony, and would love to see some pics of the real one and the model, when possible. If you mean resin conversion parts sticking to the polystyrene kit parts, then in most cases 'Superglue' should do the job.
I can't see you needing anything stronger in 1/72nd scale, but large, heavy parts might require a two-part epoxy, but I've never had to resort to that, even in 1/32nd scale.

Cheers old chap....If you google Spiteful NN660 you should get a piccy.....the attachment shows the kit(s).

If anyone needs the kit leftovers let me know!

Attachments

• IM000438.JPG
    IM000438.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 179
Sounds like a neat idea for a build Tony! :thumbright: Post some pictures of the real thing and make sure Gary lets you borrow his "Modeling Tools" :lol:

too late! But thanx.....I have the spare spiteful fuz and the XIV wings if anyone wants em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back