Spitfire Colours in Africa

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All is fine Steve.Don't worry. I suggest picture uplading of maximum 830 pixels in width, It will allow to watch them on a screen fully.

It is indeed the Hasegawa kit. Done as the oft repainted and repaired BR487 (AN*V) as flown by our friends of 417 (city of Windsor) squadron R.C.A.F.
She looked like this.
Steve

Attachments

• desertspitsweb.jpg
    desertspitsweb.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 137
Thank you gents. I hope my rather inept photography will help TheGonz sort his colours out.
Cheers
Steve

Lovely Spit Steve! And thanks for the photo or is that a painting?? It's my new wallpaper! :thumbleft:

Thats about the sweetest looking Desert spit I've ever seen Keith 8)

Hell Il change to enamels to get those colours - Gonna order some soon , whats the names of the colours you got?

Check out the Life Color Acrylics. They have a line specifically for WW2 British Aircraft (including those three specific colors). 4.70$ per bottle from tankratsafv depot - free shipping to the continental US.

I used some their Italian Interior Green to get a couple of kits started and this stuff is brilliant. Flows like a dream, clean up is a breeze. I'm about to order a bit more.

Lovely Spit Steve! And thanks for the photo or is that a painting?? It's my new wallpaper! :thumbleft:

It's a photograph. I believe it was once made into a poster, though I've never seen one. I'd love to know who the pilot was but had no luck there either.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back