Spitfire Mark II weathering

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
As many of you know im building revells 1/48 spitty. I am here to ask suggestions on how it would be properly weathered and how to do that weathering (I got exhaust stains and chipping pat down). What paints would be mixed in the exhaust? I know they vary on each plane.

If any of you have ever seen Brett Greenes work, I want to try and do the same thing with the surface variation with the thinned down mixtures. I just dont know how to apply it, as a uniform surface isnt really cutting it anymore.

I just attemped it on the bottom surface and it came out overdone and looking like the spitty crashed in mud, luckily it was on a gloss surface so I wiped it off.

Thanks, Corey

Nice work--thank you for sharing-
Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.
Glad to hear you're using this: I plan to keep it much more aggressively up-to-date than has been the case in the past, but don't hesitate to let me know if you find errors or need clarifications.

Boy, am I glad I clicked on this one. I am returning to model building after a buunch of years and need tutoring on this type of finishing. Magic, Mag! Cheers, Bill

Thanks ahuge bunch for the links spit5. I'm also getting back into building after a long period of inactivity. this stuff will help get my confidence back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back