Spitfire Mk IX (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

veverica

Airman
Nov 9, 2010
Hello folks
Merry Christmas first !!
This one is the last finished, from ICM box, 1/48.
Pretty nice model, lot of details, but poor quality white plastic and a minor problem around the nose cowling (to narrow)that you can easily correct (see the last pic and note the added plastic sheet between the fuselage joining lines).
Otherwise this machine belongued to the No 341 Squadron. Pilot. C. R. Mouchotte. KIA the 27/08/1943.
Thanks for looking...
AE.
PS: Pics are illustrating the process from the end to the beginning.
DSC05221.gif

DSC05241-1.jpg

DSC05236-Copie.jpg

DSC05241.jpg

DSC05229.jpg

DSC05260.gif

DSC05263.gif

DSC05251.gif

DSC05256.gif

DSC05201.jpg

DSC05118-1.jpg

DSC05117-1.jpg

DSC05089-1.jpg

DSC05087-1.jpg

DSC05082-1.jpg

DSC05043-1.jpg

DSC05027-1.jpg

DSC05020-1.jpg

Marvelous work Sir. She came out excellent.
I say, are you from around these parts? I ask because of your user name which I find interesting. Is there a story behind that? ("Veverica" means squirrel in Serbian.)

Marvelous work Sir. She came out excellent.
I say, are you from around these parts? I ask because of your user name which I find interesting. Is there a story behind that? ("Veverica" means squirrel in Serbian.)
Yes sir...
You're right. I'm a 50% from the dark side.8)
My mother is native from Belgrade...
Ziveli !

Fantastic finish - something you can be very proud of - well done.

Now to find out your secrets. When you preshade do you use a soft pencil and a straight edge, they seem to be shown in the image.

Flexi

Fantastic finish - something you can be very proud of - well done.

Now to find out your secrets. When you preshade do you use a soft pencil and a straight edge, they seem to be shown in the image.

Flexi

Hello !
I never preshade in fact, cause my weathering process is to " heavy" and it would be worthless.
But I do post shade. In this case with a soft pencil. Everything can be done depending on the subject and the kind of weathering you want to reach...
AE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back