Spitfire MkIX hub

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kingscoy

Senior Airman
Jan 19, 2008
The Netherlands
www.arga-nl.nl
Hi,

Don't know if this question is something to put here or on this forum but a friend asked me the following;
He is busy with the build of a complete Spitfire MkIX propeller, complete with blades and hub. He has the blades but doesn't have the hub...so he is looking for one. We're talking about a non flying prop so the hub doesn't have to be in flying condition.

Perhaps somebody on this forum could point me/ him in a direction in finding one.

Please remove this question if it is impropriate.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sander

I don't know if they'd be able to help directly Sander, but you could try the BBMF. They used to obtain various spares, some from recovered wrecks etc, in the hope of obtaining a usable part. It may be they might have what is needed, or can point you in the right direction. I once got a prop blade from them, for use in the construction of a memorial, which was no use for a flying restoration but ideal for the required purposes. Maybe a letter, rather than a 'phone call or e-mail, might get somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back