spitfire MKvb jan zumbach (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It looks like the old mk1 thats been modified still a fine model iv,e made many of them over the years .BB

Oh it's definitely the old 1969 Mk1 kit, but the modifications are minimal by the looks of it. It should really have a new wing, or at least upper and lower panels, but it looks like there might just be 'stick' on upper and lower blisters. I might be being unfair though, as I'm only going off the pic posted. I would hope for the price it's got optional spinners and props, as well as windscreens, and it should have the undercart operating lever, instead of a pump handle. I still wouldn't mind one though, s the original was quite nice, but I think Airfix are taking the p**s a bit with the price.

Hi guy's

pi***d off now tried all morning to put pics up using Irfanview :evil: no luck. it's me i am hopless with these laptops and computers.

will just stick with flickr sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Keith

What problem are you having Keith? Given that you've re-sized, and SAVED the re-sizing, there shouldn't be a problem getting them posted. Let me know, and I'll see if I can help. I use Irfanview virtually everyday, and never have a problem, unless the computer runs slower due to spyware scans etc., which can slow things down by a few seconds.

Hi Terry and guy's

i must admit it is all over my head, these computer things i.e. Irfanview :oops:. I just know the basics

the spit model has 2 sets of props and 2 of canopy. All the pics can be seen on my photostream:oops:

SORRY guy's

Keith

No probs mate! I'm the same with computers, being self-taught. I've learned more through doing things on this forum than anything else.
So, let me try to talk you through what's needed, given you've downloaded Irfanview. Bear in mind, I hadn't a clue what Irfanview was, or how a picture size was 'measured'! I used to be in the photographic trade, trained in professional photography, and to me, a picture was measured in inches!
Anyway, open the Irfanview programme, then, look at the top left of the screen to 'FILE', left click on that, then left click on 'OPEN'.
You should now have a drop-down list, or a window, where you can select what you want to open. In this case, it should be 'My Pictures'. Click on this, and your picture files should appear.
Select the file you want, and this will then appear as a 'box' full of thumbnails of the pics in that file.
Select and click on the pic you want; if you double click, it will then go onto the main screen, if single click, it will highlight the pic, with a (normally blue) box around the pic. If the latter, then click on 'OPEN', and the pic will then fill the screen.
NOTE you might not see, or recognise all of it, as it could physically be as big as about 24 x 30 inches, depending on the resolution of the camera it was taken on!
Now, again at the top of the screen, left click on 'IMAGE'.
A drop down list will appear.
Left click on RE SIZE / RE SAMPLE.
Another window will appear in the centre of the screen, which might take a second or two to stabilize.
For now, ignore the right half of this window, and look at the left half.
There will be a box, with numbers in blue, at the left, and on its right, another box with numbers in black on a white ground.
This is the size of the pic as it is at the moment, and will be shown in pixels.
(Below this are three 'dolls eyes' with 'Pixels', 'Cms' and 'Ins', for pixels, centimetres and inches, if you want to show actual measurement.)
Just stay with the pixels, and lets say the blue numbers are 3240, and that you want 800.
This means that you want the WIDTH of the pic to be 800 pixels, which is about as big as you need to go for the forum.
Hit the DELETE key, and the two boxes will clear.
Click into the left hand box, and enter '800'.
The right hand box will automatically adjust to the correct proportion, which will be as near as it can get to 600 pixels.
Now, left click on 'OK' at the bottom of this box.
The box will disappear, and the pic will re-appear at the size you have selected.
BUT! If you exit now, the pic will revert back to its original size, so, go back up to the top left of the screen and left click on 'FILE', then left click on 'SAVE'.
Another box will open in the middle of the screen.
Left click on 'SAVE'.
A smaller box will open, with two options, asking if you want to replace the existing file, or not.
Left click on the one you want, which will probably be 'YES'.
The pic is now re-sized and saved.
To do the next one, either go back into file and repeat the exercise above for the next pic, or, on the screen with the re-sized pic, go to the top, and you'll see two arrows, for forward and back.
Left click on the arrow you want, let's say forward, and the next pic will open, again probably so big you'll only see part of it.
Continue as before.
When you've done, and want to post your pics, this is what you do next.
If it's going to be in an existing post within a thread, like this one, look at the two boxes below the reply box, where you type your reply message. The one on the right says 'Go Advanced'.
Left click on this, and a new task bar will appear at the top of the reply message box, which will include the 'ATTACH' icon.
The message you've typed will also be duplicated in a bigger box, as a draft.
Left click on the 'ATTACH' icon, and another box will appear at the left side of the screen. In the top section of this box, there will be 5 smaller boxes, or 'keys', marked 'BROWSE'.
Left click on the first one, and another box will open to show your files - documents, pics, etc.
Select the pictures file you want, then select the first pic you want. Left click on 'OPEN', and a second or two later, the box will 'fill' with the file details. For now, let's just assume you just want this one pic.
Now, left click on the key marked 'UPLOAD'
A message will appear saying 'UPLOADING FILES, PLEASE WAIT'.
When the upload is complete, the 'BROWSE' box will be empty, and in the lower section of the main box, there will be the details of your pic, for example 'jpeg 001 Build27', this being the codes and file name etc that was on the pic in YOUR file.
When that appears, close the box, check that your typed reply or whatever is OK, then left click on 'Post Quick Reply' as per normal.
Your reply, and the pics, are now posted.
If you want more than one pic, just repeat as above, and if more than 5 pics, just upload the first 5, then start again.
For a new thread, it's similar, but the 'ATTACH' icon etc is already there waiting.
This might seem long and complicated, as it's written in full, but once you do it once, it's a piece of p**s, and you'll have no problems.
Hope this has helped!

Keith, if you are using windows, try using MS Paint. Right click on your pic, choose 'open with', then choose Paint. (Or, Click start, accessories, paint. This will open it. Top left hand side, click file, then open and choose your pic.)

When it opens your pic, click on 'image' (4th option on top), choose 'resize/skew', you can change the size of your pics as a percentage. So if your pic is huge, reduce it down by whatever percentage you need so its the size of your screen. Make both percentages the same value. I take 8meg pics and reduce them down to 30% of the original size.

Nice kit by the way! Looking forward to your progress :thumbleft:

thanks Terry Muller

I will try again tomorrow after i have done some business, also just ordered a Revell 1/32 STUKA with the apropeate paints.

All in all £39 including p&p

I am MAD for buying stuff i love building ( this forum has got me going now :p:shock::evil::cry::lol: )

Keith

Got you going?!!!! It's got all of us going over the last four or five months! I've never seen so much modelling activity, or done as much myself!
Bah! It's all Jan's fault. Stupid bl**dy idea to suggest Group Builds; I mean, who the heck is going to be interested in that......er....em...oh!
I'd better get on with some building then! Bye!

hi guy's

DON'T ask how i managed to get this pic resized as i have no idea :confused:

will try to put more up when and if possable
underside parts.jpg

Keith

Hi Guy's

got another pic to add. ( still working out how i did get the pics up ):?::?:

this one is just after i opened the kit

spitfire, parts and decals_t.jpg

Keith

Looking good Keith. But could you tell me why these pic have the grey parts at the top and the bottom of them?

Hi Wurger

I am still working on it to get it right, at the moment i have done something that i don't know :oops:

give me more time and i will get it perfect :lol:

Well done Keith, you got there. I think the grey parts might be from where the pic was cropped? It can happen in the Hewlett Packard editing system if the pic is saved before completing the process, so maybe a similar thing has happened here.
The pics definitely show a Mk1 wing, so I presume there are additional parts to 'convert' it. BTW, the box art shows two stiffening ribs on the wing. Although these were added in later prodution of the MkV, they were not present on all aircraft. They were added to cope with the extra stresses of the cannon mounting, which could 'buckle' the wing skin above the wheel wells, when fired. The kit markings are based on the BBMF's MkV, AB910, which is painted to represent Jan Zumbach's aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back