Spitfire vs Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 15, 2005
Deep in suburban Surrey
I still haven't finished my latest project, so thought I'd do a couple of 'opposing Spitfires' to keep you interested...

Attachments

• Spitfire_IXc_Egypt_Dev.jpg
    Spitfire_IXc_Egypt_Dev.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Spitfire_LF_IX_Israel_Dev.jpg
    Spitfire_LF_IX_Israel_Dev.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 839
Looking good to me.:D
Clave do you know why the Earth-brown colour looks in many profiles a bit like metalic one?

Probably a bit too much shine, making it look like bronze I reckon...

Colour is such a minefield - I have samples of supposedly all the correct RGB colours for British, American, German etc. camo, and some of them just do not work when you apply shading... :evil:

Probably a bit too much shine, making it look like bronze I reckon...

Colour is such a minefield - I have samples of supposedly all the correct RGB colours for British, American, German etc. camo, and some of them just do not work when you apply shading... :evil:

You are right,it is the main reason.THX :D

Was thinking it looked like the nose of a "Tony".

On another note, is the Egyptian bird a different Mark from the Israeli bird? Looks like the Israeli is a Mark 9 and the Egyptian is a Mark 5, but the nose is a little long on the Egyptian bird for it to be a Mark 5...I think.

Was thinking it looked like the nose of a "Tony".

On another note, is the Egyptian bird a different Mark from the Israeli bird? Looks like the Israeli is a Mark 9 and the Egyptian is a Mark 5, but the nose is a little long on the Egyptian bird for it to be a Mark 5...I think.

They are both Mk 9s - I'm still updating and re-drawing a lot of things, but I hope to have examples of all marks of Spitfire soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back