Squadron Log swaps - free downloads from UK National Archives

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WATU

Airman 1st Class
Sep 1, 2019
I have suffered a major PC crash and lost all my web address bookmarks. There is a forum - not this one as far as I can see - that includes a thread for swapping squadron logs. These can currently be downloaded from the UK National Archives for free. Anyone able to direct me to it please?

Yes. It is those logs. You can download 100 pm/10 pd which is great but there are many thousands. Someone did a thread where you could swap with other users e.g. I have 120 Squadron and want 59 Squadron that someone else might have. So we do a swap. The thread created an opportunity to put in requests.

I started two months ago, downloading RCAF fighter squadrons. Only have two complete so far. I started my third session and they cut me off

Bummer. Thought it was all automated and just the 10 per day and 100 per month limit. You did not breach the monthly limit?

When I first started downloading the files, I would put 10 in a cart, download and that was good for the day. The next month I wouldn't put any in the cart and downloaded continuously until I reached 100

You need to log in to download for free. Once you 're logged in it tells you the basket is full when you get to ten. Suggest you log in before you start adding to basket.

I'm back in baby. I just downloaded 14 files in about 10 minutes. Here's what I do....
  1. Select your file
  2. Add to basket
  3. Go to basket
  4. Check out, don't click the "Continue shopping" button
  5. I accept the terms and conditions
  6. Submit order
  7. Down load now

Good work. Definitely consistently tells me basket is full at ten items. Maybe you caught it waking up! ;)

Edit. Just read more carefully. So you could keep going like that until you hit the monthly 100 limit maybe but do all 100 in a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back