Squids infesting beaches of Southern California...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man, those people that are diving in the Humboldt's midst are crazy stupid!

Those things will go into a frenzy the moment one draws blood, and they are fully capable of skeletonizing a human in no time.

We used to encounter those things off Baja, and they can be bad news.

The seas are straaaaaaaaaange places, full of strange and undiscovered critters. Still, to swim with a known aggressive species, would indeed present a conundrum. Beautiful creatures, but deadly. Me....I'd send a DSRV. :lol:

I'll keep my happy butt in the sky above to look down on them. I went through scuba training when I was in the AF. To be honest, I hated it. I am not a claustrophobic, but the mask made me feel confined and constricted. It just didn't feel natural to me.

I would keep myself out of the water, but some people dont care to listen. With what you guys said about the squid owning a human, its like saying "Oh yeah, go into that burning house, you'll be safe!". I go snorkeling sometimes and I always get the anxiety, anything can get you out in the ocean, a dangerous mysterious place indeed.

No, Navy sailors are sometimes referred to as "squids". Call a Marine a squid and you are likely to get pummeled heavily.
You ain't just a kiddin about that...

"Jarhead" was the term I thought was one of the terms used to describe Marines by the other services Sys.

Jarhead (2005)

I built first and second stage regulator parts a few years back.
When I heard how Scuba Diving worked there was no way I was going to do it.

Wheels

Yeah. And there is a overflow of jellyfish in the Mediterranean Sea, too. But those squids are much more scary!

I thought this was going to be about drunken sailors on liberty getting sc@#%ed blued, and tattooed.

I thought this was going to be about drunken sailors on liberty getting sc@#%ed blued, and tattooed.

Hey! That's just a vicious rumor! We don't do that anymore!!! *lights up cigarette and pays hooker with half-drunk bottle of whiskey as tattoo artist works on other arm*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back