Story of love, loyalty, honor, and a stupid politician (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tear-jerker is right.. Mac Thornberry, Congressman (TX-R) is evidently a lawyer by trade and never served in the military. But he is the vice chair of the House Armed Services Committee. A position for which I would expect a display of greater respect for fallen servicemen of any war. I wonder if one of his staffers got fired over this? Both she and her husband, casualties of the war. a salute to each of them: :salute: :salute:

I agree with you Crow. Of course, IMO the Commander in Chief should have military service as well.

Just finished Keegan's civil war history and he seems to have great respect for Lincoln's ability as a commander who learned the lessons of war quickly and in some cases was more perceptive than his generals. Of course, I was surprised to learn he (Lincoln not Keegan :oops: ) served in the Illinois militia and was involved in at least one campaign in the Black Hawk War. I would go a step further and say the vote should be earned by national service of some sort. Doesn't have to be military but something for the greater public good that requires some kind of sacrifice. Washington would be deserted. People hoping to run for public office should have a similar requirement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back