Stroll down memory lane (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello guys,
I was going through my attic and found an old box of model Napoleonic Soilders, the paved looking roads are from some old toy kits but if you can over look that I tried to get my set up right like I had it down as a kid. On the side with the Town and table you have the imperial army of Napoleon's (I couldn't find my napoleon but he's in there) And attempting to take the town you have the Coalition Army's (in this case mostly a mismatch of companies as I made each pack a company)
IMG_4428.JPG
IMG_4427.JPG
IMG_4426.JPG
IMG_4425.JPG
IMG_4424.JPG
IMG_4423.JPG
IMG_4422.JPG
IMG_4421.JPG
IMG_4420.JPG

Nice set-up. Don't forget the reverse slope ridge near the farm fields where Wellington stationed his infantry

I used to have complete sets of HO/airfix figures of several eras....cowboys and Indians, civil war (both sides), roman and Vikings, both WWs ( all combatants ) and I had some larger figures made by Marx...mostly pirates and romans. all that stuff was tossed in a purge to clean the basement....glad you were able to keep yours over the years.

Heck, reminds me of when I re-created part of the battle of Arnhem around the Oosterbeek perimeter, when I was about 14.
It was around 6 x 4 feet, in 1/72nd scale, and took ages to paint each Para, and the German armour.

Probably tossed a couple hundred bucks worth off STUFF....
Remember when mom cleaned out my comic book collection from about 1948 and on, Superman, Batman, Classics Illustrated, ect.
Then my wife, early on, cleaned out all that silly Lionell train stuff dad had bought back in the 1930s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back