Stunning images: not suitable for sensitive people

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gekho

Master Sergeant
Jan 1, 2010
Spain
An American sailor looks at the charred body of a Japanese aviator taken out of the bottom of Pearl Harbor, where he crashed his plane during the Japanese attack of December 7, 1941 in Hawaii. I was greatly impressed by this photo, since we see that he should have received a direct hit in the face, as it has lost its face.

Attachments

• s_w40_12070430.jpg
    s_w40_12070430.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 352
Japanese soldiers executing captured Chinese soldiers in 1937. Between 1937 and 1943, Japanese military aggression spread across East Asia and the Pacific region like a hideous stain. Slaughter, looting, rape, and other forms of appalling brutality, accompanied the conquerors as each country fell victim to the Japanese war machine.

For more information: JAPANESE WAR CRIMES 1937-1945

Attachments

• Soldados japoneses ejecutando soldados chinos capturados en 1937..jpg
    Soldados japoneses ejecutando soldados chinos capturados en 1937..jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 280
This probably belongs in the off-topic forum, since there are no pictures of aircraft

The japanese crew member is from one of the downed torpedo aircraft from the Pearl Harbour attack, he was raised several days after the raid and his face had bean eaten away by crabs.

Wars are all too often started by men who've never spent a day in combat, and finished by those who've spent too many.

Very graphic, yet poignant, images.

Wars are all too often started by men who've never spent a day in combat, and finished by those who've spent too many.

Very graphic, yet poignant, images.

Well, there's a quote to say it all. Stunning? perhaps not. Sunsets and vista views can be stunning. Not trying to be difficult here but I'd agree with RabidAlien on the choice of adjective - they certainly are poignant.

Well, there's a quote to say it all. Stunning? perhaps not. Sunsets and vista views can be stunning. Not trying to be difficult here but I'd agree with RabidAlien on the choice of adjective - they certainly are poignant.

It´s my fault; sometimes is difficult to find the correct word, and even more when you are writting in another lenguage; my apologies to those who felt offended.

Don't worry, its not an offensive title. Just some folks suggesting some better words. Especially if you're posting in a 2nd or 3rd language! Besides...the English language can be quite complicated. Heck, the language is named after the English, and they can't even speak it right! Always throwing extra "U"'s in there and all that...

Don't worry, its not an offensive title. Just some folks suggesting some better words. Especially if you're posting in a 2nd or 3rd language! Besides...the English language can be quite complicated. Heck, the language is named after the English, and they can't even speak it right! Always throwing extra "U"'s in there and all that...

ahem...The Queens English is perfectly spoken here, its you colonial boys that have altered certain letters...I'm not sure quite why, maybe its the lack of serious tea drinking and driving on the wrong side of the road :angel9:

I seem to recall reading a book back in the 80's that had another set of rather disturbing images. They were from one of the two atomic detonations in Japan ( cannot remember which ) that showed the " shadows " of people that had been standing in front of a wall when the bomb went off. Their bodies remained just long enough to protect the shadow section of the wall from the initial blast, and then they were gone. IIRC the wall sections have been preserved as a reminder as to the true cost of war.

I seem to recall reading a book back in the 80's that had another set of rather disturbing images. They were from one of the two atomic detonations in Japan ( cannot remember which ) that showed the " shadows " of people that had been standing in front of a wall when the bomb went off. Their bodies remained just long enough to protect the shadow section of the wall from the initial blast, and then they were gone. IIRC the wall sections have been preserved as a reminder as to the true cost of war.

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Museum: Individual Artifacts
Incredible artifacts on display
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back